Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got an '84 Quattr

I've got an '84 Quattrovalvole and am thinking about new tires. I hear very good things about the Bridgestone SO-3s and I am also looking at the Michelins. Any suggestions. Also, do I need a "Z-rate" tire or will W or Y, etc. do. I really don't expect sustained 168mph.

Thanks in advance.

Andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Andrew,

I am running

Hi Andrew,

I am running the Dunlop SP Sport 9000's on my QV. I love them. They stick and look good too. Not cheap though. But what is in the Ferrari world?

Front: 215/45 ZR17
Rear: 235/40 ZR17

Let's get together this weekend and go for a drive.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love to Jeremy, but my daughte

Love to Jeremy, but my daughter's B-day party is Saturday. Email your phone number and I'll contact you.

Andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another consideration is how o

Another consideration is how often you will be driving; If you will be driving in temps much below 40F you may want to consider a high performance all season. Summer and ultra high performance rubber gets hard and a bit slippery in cold weather. Don't know if it's true, but the Tire Rack guy said that a/s ( Mich Pilot a/s, in my case ) offer about 80% of the handling, but retain these characteristics in colder weather with a bit better ride. Since my usage required year round use in DC, a/s seemed to be the way to go.
225/50 and 245/45 -17s fit well on a Mondial.
Depends on your requirements.
best
rt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good point r turner. But I&#3

Good point r turner. But I'm in Houston. While we do get below 40F, we don't fall too much below that (and when we do, it's not for long). Consequently, I will focus on summer tires.

Funny, I've not heard from a fan of the Bridgestone SO-3s. They seem the be the newest fad out there for exotics. Anyone with experience on those?

Andrew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 17" wheels are Ferrari

My 17" wheels are Ferrari OEM Speedlines, 7.5F and 8.5R, a Euro dealer option.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts