Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.......

According to a Ro

Hi.......

According to a Road and Track magazine test, the BB512 stops from 60 miles per hour in 140 feet....poor number for a quick car.

Anyone have experience with a rotor/caliper upgrade without the need to change wheels ?? How about the BB/LM brake set-up...what is it ?? Can it still be bought and installed on a street Boxer ?

Anyone use the new carbon brake pads [Hawk/Carbone Industrie] to enhance brake performance ? Part numbers ??

Thank you.

Frank......23005
www.masiarz.net/bb_resource

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Hi Frank,

there are many is

Hi Frank,

there are many issues to address with Brake Performance and Brake upgrades.

Generally, Brakes are only as good as the limit of adhesion of the tires. Lousy tires = lousy braking, Good Tires = Good Braking. However, most drivers have not been trained or are not familiar with threshold braking. This is the manner in which the driver learns the real threshold of adhesion of the tires by applying the pedal hard enough to almost lock the wheels. To find this threshold it is generally neccesary to lock the wheels a few times (very briefly) to learn where the threshold of adhesion is. Once this method of braking is learned one usually finds that the brakes are fine, it was pedal pressure that was low, giving the impression of weak brakes. This assumes the pads are good, of the correct compound, the rotors have a nice surface and the system is bled and in good shape of course.

Now when a tire upgrade has been done, then a brake upgrade might be in order. In that case the place to start might be SS Brake Lines (a nice upgrade anyway) and a higher coefficient of friction pad compound and a resurfacing of the rotors by blanchard grinding along with some high temp brake fluid..

After that some larger Alcon Calipers (like BBLM's) might be in order. But no matter what the controlling factor goes back to the limit of adhesion of the tires themselves.

HTH's

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Frank,

I have Carbon/Kevlar

Frank,

I have Carbon/Kevlar upgraded brake pads for your car, in either street or race compound. Provided you have done all the things JRV suggests, and you are looking for some new pads, let me know. Check out my website at www.dexmllc.com . You can e-mail me at [email protected], or PM me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Brent

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Forgot to mention - if you cal

Forgot to mention - if you call or e-mail, reference Ferrari-Talk.com and I'll give you a discount!

Brent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts