Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a good diff

Can anyone suggest a good diff additive? I will be removing some 80/90 from the box and putting in a quart of TX-7 and want to throw in some LSD additive as well.

Also, what sort of graphite additive to the motor is best - product name-wise.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I believe GM Limited Slip Diff

I believe GM Limited Slip Differential Additive, p/n 1052358 available at any GM dealership is what people are using. One 4 oz bottle should do the trick.

However I am using Royal Purple MaxGear for the differential in my Boxer without any LMA and it shifts very well and does not chatter around sharp turns.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When i purchased my 328 a shop

When i purchased my 328 a shop had just replaced the gear oil with Slick 50 gear oil and it shifted perfect, I replaced the gear oil a few years ago with regular oil and it shifted like crap so I put Slick 50 back in and it shifted like butter again, the same for the Boxer it shifts nice with it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. JRV recommended putti

Thanks. JRV recommended putting in some diff lube as a preventative measure. My diff does not chatter with the Rotra in it now, but I am all for preventing future problems. Another person in the know recommended an additive called TX-7 which I will throw in there as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ted, you should have your Rack

Ted, you should have your Rack back UPS today.

I reccomended the GM LS additive as a prevenative measure going forward now that Boxers are getting more miles on them by new owners. My reasoning is that Daytonas didn't chatter in the tight corners either until they had started reaching approx. the 50K mile mark & if that trend holds with the Boxer LSD's then Boxers will start getting into this area over the next few yrs and might start seeing the same type of an issue. We won't know for sure for awile, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Same holds for TR's that already have more miles on them typically than most Boxers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JRV - rack is back and looks g

JRV - rack is back and looks good. Do I need to check the level of oil in it or have you? Some came out when I moved a boot before I sent it out, but not a lot. It is a lot tighter than before (incl the box itself- perhaps just my imagination), so I am looking forward to getting it back on the road and trying it out!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.