Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I have the suspension ap

While I have the suspension apart for rebushing and replating, I thought to have the rotors cut at the same time since I have a small shimmy in the pedal when braking. I took all four to a machine shop to have cut down and they suggested having them cut with the hubs on. They reckon that some higher performance cars need this done as one assembly to ensure they are true. As this is a PITA and do not really want to take the hubs off esp the rears, is this really necessary? Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ted,

On the front rotors, I

Ted,

On the front rotors, I would have them turned with the hubs attached. This will ensure that all surfaces remain parallel. (This will also give you the opportunity to clean and inspect the front wheel bearings.)

On the rear, I agree that pulling the hubs would be/is a major untaking on a BB. I would either replace them with new, as there is not alot of excess rotor material to begin with. Or...have them surface ground (like how a flywheel would be re-machined.)

Regards,
David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.