Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am tring to find out the id/

I am tring to find out the id/od of the braided oil lines for my 1983 308qv. Can't get replacements from the dealership and their quote for making up news ones from the exsiting fitting is outrageous. These lines have a banjo fitting on one end and a normal threaded connection on the other. Any help is appreciated

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am searching for the same in

I am searching for the same information.
I have found a list of hose diameters & lengths, but in English sizes. I'm tempted to order from this list and round-down after the metric conversion assuming folks were rounding up so the hoses slipped on easier.

I have found two sources for German Black Braided Hose in various sizes that will sell me any lengths.

The 5mm/6mm/7mm FI are easy to find. Any VW/Audi/Porsche/MB etc dealer or foreign parts supplier. But they don't have the larger hoses and their minimum order is 10->30m reels.

Also, I've noted quite a few hoses on my '83 308qv aren't braided. Have these been replaced or is this factory?

thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you post the english sizes

Can you post the english sizes you found, that'd be a great help for me right now

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many of the oil lines had thre

Many of the oil lines had threaded fittings on the ends, which can be determined by looking whether they are smooth, of course the crimped fittings are easy to tell by the indentations meaning crimped.

I can have any oil hose reproduced (high or low pressure) crimped or threaded for about $175-$200 w/3-4 day turnaround.

Braided cloth or stainless braid.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fittings are smooth, but c

The fittings are smooth, but can you share the size? The oil lines on the 308 I'm after go to/from the oil cooler.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been down this road.

Call G

Been down this road.

Call GT Car Parts- they have the fittings and hose to make the approriate hoses. If it is a standard hose they can make it pretty easy.

The factory uses reusable fittings but it is hard to figure out who makes them. It is NOT Aeroquip.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got a phone number for GT Car

Got a phone number for GT Car Parts? I googled them and didn't get any hits on that name

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Let me look through my notes &

Let me look through my notes & I'll post 'em.

Something else. On the oil cooler lines specifically, I was told by Ferrari mine were leaking. When I went to pull them to have new hoses attached to the old fittings, I found the hose bolt was loose. removed/cleaned/re-annealed the washer, re-attached and no more leak.

GT does have them. but when I checked in January, the prices were $300+ each depending on the year/hose. Better than Ferrari's $800. You might also consider getting a hydraulic shop to press your ends onto new hose. $75 each hose were the prices I was seeing. But do your homework. Some folks have stories of the new hose blowing off the fittings and of course others swear by the process.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Factory hoses are not crimp on

Factory hoses are not crimp on. The downside of blowing a hose at the wrong time makes the $300 sound like pocket change. I needed a custom hose made for my 328 Euro because only one factory one was available.

623-780-2200 is GT Car Parts. Bill runs it

Charles @ Italian Car Parts can also supply hoses but at a higher price then GT.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi,

It is hard to reuse the

Hi,

It is hard to reuse the factory fittings, because it is hard to find the same OD hose - also, most reputable hydraulic shops will not reuse fittings on a hose that is not exactly dimension as what the fitting came from - I searched for replacement hose in order to use my fittings without any luck - I wound up buying stuff from GT car parts. A friend of mine had his reused fittings blow off of an Aeroquip hose. A reputable shop did this work, but if you search the Aeroquip literature, there is not one hose that is of a comparable OD than the stock hoses - so bad news that the shop used slightly incompatible fittings/hose. Luckily, my friend was able to shut down before damaging anything!

Anthony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I found an outfit called goodr

I found an outfit called goodridge in Indiana that has stainless steel or aramid braided PTFE hose with an id of 19mm and an od of 24mm. The dealership was going to contact them about getting their hoses. The measurements match the info on the existing lines..... Here's hoping the results are positive....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes the hoses of the correct s

Yes the hoses of the correct size exist, no they are not Aeroquip, yes they are hard to find, but exact matching hose is out there that can used with the screw together fittings ore new hose replaced and crimped, if need be.

This is oil hose, not a wheel for the Mars Rover.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
How about setting up a databas

How about setting up a database for this type of info so we don't re-invent the rover

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi,

...yes the hose is out

Hi,

...yes the hose is out there....what I should have said was that the major US manufacturers such as Parker, Aeroquip, Weatherhead did not seem to have anything compatible....I will see if I can get the name off the hose that I ordered from GT Car Parts - its an Italian company (of course), but you may be able to find a distributor here....

Thanks,

Anthony

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.