Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the day working on the S

Spent the day working on the Seville STS, great cars but what a huge pain to work on. Anyhoo...it's had a rattly sorta noise for weeks now and I just figured it was the tensioner bearing/pulley. While idling I could see the tensioner moving and the noise followed right along. So I install a new bearing/pulley that seem to be much higher quality than the original - that's a surprise huh? I start the car and the rattle is still present! The tensioner is moving slightly, and still making the noise !! What else can I do the quiet this thing down?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
".......tensioner is movin

".......tensioner is moving slightly......."

It would appear to me that the tensioner is not tightly secured to the block. Check the parts manual, at the dealer, and see if maybe a washer type shim is missing. That is the only thing I can think of.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Henry....the tensioner is t

Hi Henry....the tensioner is tight to the block, the motion it's doing is the rotational action that it's supposed to do to keep the belt tight. But everytime it moves a few degrees of rotation it makes a noise....like a rattle. Very odd. I think I'm just gonna have to remove it and take a close look at it. Love these STS's but they are a real "you know what" to work on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You mean WORSE than a Ferrari?

You mean WORSE than a Ferrari???????????????????

Of course, working on a Ferrari is MORE fun!!!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep...worse than a Ferrari !

Yep...worse than a Ferrari ! I had to change the heater blower motor, for this the engine cradle must be dropped down about a foot! The dealer wants $1200 to change a simple electric motor that costs over $300!! I managed to do it myself in about 3 hours. After careful study of the situation, I simply took the new motor apart and working inside the footwell area I re-assembled it in pieces up in the duct work. Very difficult but it worked. I told the dealership I got it in that same day I bought it and they said "no way!". So I went there and showed them...they couldn't believe it. I said I'd do a couple of other STS's they had waiting for this repair for $500 a peice and they could charge whatever they wanted to their customer. They almost took me up on the offer! Needless to say I didn't tell them how I did it. I hope nobody from there visits this forum !! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts