Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the Long Beach coin s

I was at the Long Beach coin show on Saturday. I was talking to a dealer about a specific coin I was looking for. He happened to be wearing one of those Ferrari watches that you see advertised In the Robb report. I mentioned to him that I had been looking for a Ferrari. I told him that I had gotten frustrated with my search and I was going to purchase a late model carrera Instead.
He told me that he had a 1991 348ts that he had bought brand new. He said that the car hasn't been driven In 5 years It's been In his garage with a car cover on it. He said the car had less than 15k miles on it. To make a long story short I am going to look at the car today. Maybe this will be my diamond in the rough. We haven't discussed pricing yet, Although having done business with him In the past he's always been fair.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You've got two leads in th

You've got two leads in this site also. Maybe if you registered you could give access to your email so that they may contact you.

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just came home from looking

I just came home from looking at the car. From a cosmetic viewpoint the car is flawless. I'm just a little concerned about the car sitting for 5 years. Besides the 30k service what else will have to be done to the car to bring It up to par.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hehehe - always listen to anyo

Hehehe - always listen to anyone named david jones!

dave
indy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
start driving it and then fix

start driving it and then fix all the seals and hoses that will go off like a lawn sprinkler system.

that said, maybe not.

just drive it and see what happens! buy a fire extinguisher! maybe two.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm going to flatbed the c

I'm going to flatbed the car over to the mechanic
tomorrow and see what It's going to cost to put this car back on the road.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Estimate for putting car on th

Estimate for putting car on the road 10 to 12K.
If I can purchase the car at 40k I'm going to buy it. Wish me luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts