Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am in the market to purchase a

Am in the market to purchase a 360. Are there any common problems with this model that I should be aware of?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yes We saw your other post..wh

Yes We saw your other post..what year and trans type? they are all different and have different issues by year & trans config. What exavtly are you looking for? Ferraris are like women, the same in one way but different in a 1000.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was the 1st yr of the 360 F

It was the 1st yr of the 360 F1...very under-developed and extremly expensive to update & repair.

there have been 2 $4K computer updates alone, not to mention the 3500 mile $5K clutch jobs,...plus the "standard" Italian electrical issues with the rest of the car.

that said, if you want an Italian MONEY PIT that bad, go for it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Several m

Thanks for the info. Several more questions:
1) If the updates you describe are done to the '99 Modena, can you consider the problems solved or do I just stay away from '99's altogether?
2) Are the 2000 360 F1's any better? If not, what year should I be looking at?
3) What are your general impressions of the F1 trans?
4) How would you rate Algar Ferrari in terms of honesty/integrity and quality of service work?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe the 01's were th

I believe the 01's were the first year with the programable F1 Trans computers. If an earlier car has had the update to the new ECU's then it should be fine.

Overall most seem happy with the F1's.

I've been dealing with Lee in parts at Algar for 20 yrs or better and he's one of the most standup guys in the Ferrari community imo. I'm not really familiar with their sales or service side.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font color="000000"><font fac

<font color="000000"><font face="times new roman,times,roman"></font>Trust me, get a manual, I have driven both the f1 modena and the manual. Let me tell you, the manual is a much more involving, much more sporty, much more "Ferrari" driving experience. I own 4 current ferraris and have a small collection of classics, and everything is manual, accept for the Enzo, which unfortunately didn't have the option.</font>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts