Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't find a glass compa

I can't find a glass company that has a replacement windshield for my 456. Am I at the mercy of the Ferrari Dealer? Windshield list $2,314.00 Molding $1,045.00 Gasket $249.00. Labor 3 hours. OUCH!
ALTERNATE REPAIR SOLUTION?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Go online and search for Ferra

Go online and search for Ferrari parts.
I found a 550 windshield for $1,000 last year,
http://www.ferraripartsexchange.com/
(there's no guarantee of course that they also have a 456 windshield)
In my case, I bought OEM glass for less than half price (with a slight blemish, ala discount). I paid for it in cash (which State Farm will reimburse when I finally need to install the glass). Right now, the glass is still in a crate and sitting in Sacramento, waiting for me to call to ship for installation. Until then, I'm defying any rock on the highway to chip my 550's glass...and each time it happens, the local Windshield Doctor says, "The more the better!"
I keep the payment receipt in the car, in case I get some cop with a bug, wanting to ticket me for a cracked windshield. (considering I turn state troopers into the U.S. Atty for civil rights and state law violations, they're gunning for me)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good idea anytime you have a s

Good idea anytime you have a spare, it reduces the odds of ever needing it!!

That's actually not a bad list price on the glass but have the local shop try to source it..there's HUGE games played in auto glass by the insurance carriers, they demand a 75% discount so the glass companies "start high" with the $$$$$

1 - 3 of 3 Posts