Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I had a good experience with a

I had a good experience with a guy named Robert Baylor a while back. I called him to order some drilled aluminum pedals (360 Challenge style) for my oldslow308. We talked about how big my feet were and how hard it was to hit the right pedals at the right time. He turned me on to undersized brake and clutch pedals then told me about a modification to the gas pedal to enhance heel and toe operation. After an exchange of ideas he asked me to send him some sketches and dimensions for the gas pedal. He expanded and refined the final configuration and asked ME if it was what I liked. He made the modifications for an additional 15.00 and this is what I ended up with. The brake and clutch pedals are undersized for my big gunboat feet and the flange on the gas pedal is perfect for the those 'offramp shutdowns'. Now if I can get my knee from hitting the back of the steering wheel.
It's experiences like this that make ownership of my Ferrari worth it, even on bad days. Enhances the community with the type of energy and exchange it was meant to have.

Feel free to Email me for further info on the pedals.
DJ

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Pretty cool DJ! I like it, an

Pretty cool DJ! I like it, and you did a superb job on the installation too!

Question? What is that handle thingy coming out of the firewall?

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Another secret government thin

Another secret government thing like the black box sticking out of the grill above the license plate.

I would have to kill you if I told you. Maybe Sunday at Bruno's

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Hey DJ those pedals look great

Hey DJ those pedals look great..love the dead pedal also!

You've really done a tremendous amount of detailing to your car and it shows well.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.
As I said in Se

Thanks guys.
As I said in Seans PPI thread. If I had had a girl friend at the time of purchase I would be single now for sure because of the time spent on this thing. I'm still single! :~(
OCD in nature I am.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
>>I'm still single

>>I'm still single! :~( <<

If you think working on one will keep you single...try doing it for a living...it's been impossible so far to find one (that's good looking) to be relegated to second place behind the business. So the search goes on as another one bites the dust...{
}

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
DJ,

Do the pedals just bolt

DJ,

Do the pedals just bolt on to the existing ones? If so, how do you make them smaller? Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I don't get it.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Brent,
After removing the

Hi Brent,
After removing the rubber pads from the clutch and brake pedals they are covered with masking tape so they can be marked for drilling. The pedals bolt on with nice Allen type screws and nuts provided with the pedals.

The clutch and brake pedals can be ordered in the standard size (same overhang as the rubber pads) or undersize which follow the very edge of the existing pedals and provide a little more room between the brake and the center hump of the car so I can touch the gas pedal without hitting the brakes. Same goes for separation between the clutch and brake pedal.

As it is with the new pedals, I still have to wear Simpson Sprint Car shoes in lieu of my street shoes.

I think I'm too big for my car but I would do it all again!

DJ

1 - 10 of 10 Posts