Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there such a thing as a cus

Is there such a thing as a custom stereo in a Ferrari? Can it be done taste fully without looking foolish? Does any one have pictures of their stereo in their Ferrari? Looking for an idea of something *CUSTOM* Amps, Subs, Extra Speakers. Opinons please, or should it be kept simple?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My F355 came with an exotic st

My F355 came with an exotic stereo system, 800 Watt amp, 10 disk changer,.... So, yes, it can be done....

In the 4 years of my ownership of this car, that stereo has only been turned on twice.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My 328 has a Alpine with a amp

My 328 has a Alpine with a amp, I recently bought a stereo with a flat screen flip out 6" monitor for my 512BB it fits in the stock stereo slot no mods are neccessary, I can watch TV with it also for news and other info.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love the sound of my engine

I love the sound of my engine so much it seems like a crime to cover it up with anything.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I always find this subject of

I always find this subject of sound systems to be a funny one….
When I took delivery of my 335F1spider it was shortly after I had a Tubi put on. In fact on many occasions I have heard people say and have even seen it written that mine has been the loudest Tubi that some people have heard on a 355. Whether or not it is true…I don’t know, I try to be ahead of the pack not behind listening to others.
But yes, I love the sound of the car and since as I posted elsewhere I tend to drive my car a lot (98 with over 44,500 miles – and not back and forth to the office miles, real miles back and forth to Vegas so many times, lost count, etc) I get to hear the wonderful sounds of my car a great deal.

However one day while out with the top down on PCH, I tried to turn on what was then the existing sound system and it was a joke…I could hardly anything. So I had my system upgraded by Kevin “Done” Wright…he is the “installer of the stars” Jay Leno, Geena Davis, John Paul Dejoria (Paul Mitchell Systems), Sam Perkins, rock groups, rap artists, etc.…the list goes on and on. In 1994 & 1995 Kevin was voted one of the Top 12 Installers in the U.S. by Mobile Electronics magazine.

Of course my system was put in shortly after taking delivery and things have changed since then and it goes without saying you can spend as much as you want to part with…but I left the stock stereo as I liked the clean look but upgraded all my speakers, with no cutting or changes visible to the eye inside the cockpit.
I have a Xtant Technologies amplifier the Xtant which measures 21.5 x 9.9 x 2.5 inches which fits very nicely with the custom Subwoofer box, I have a 10” subwoofer in my Ferrari. No modifications were made to the car; the box matches the upholstery of the car and still allows room for the Ferrari tool kit etc. Another nice plus is there is still room for soft luggage and if needed the subwoofer box easily comes out for additional room. It is light enough that even at the awkward angle to get something like this out and over the fenders without damaging the car, I can do it as a woman. My car was Kevin’s demo car for the 355 when he designed this box, so I have posted his ad, which shows the box, along with some pictures I took of my car.

Now to the funny part, or at least I think it is funny….out here some of the same people that try to act like if one does not “listen” to the wonderful sounds of their Ferrari all the time and even considers upgrading or turning on a sound system, that they are somehow less of a Ferrari enthusiasts are the same ones who get in the Ferrari and yap on the cell phone the whole time “closing another great deal” you know the type…”just ask them, they are important”…so it ponders the thought “how much listening to the wonderful sounds of the Ferrari – are they doing?”

I certainly didn’t spend ten grand on my system, but a healthy amount of money so when I want to hear a some Usher, Kid Rock, Snoop Dogg…I’m golden. So my thoughts are that… if you haven’t yet but want an upgrade - to definitely do it, mine was upgraded in 99 and electronics are continuing to change so much, that should be able to get a custom fit for whatever your needs are. Happy Motoring, no matter what you do.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You gotta love a girl who love

You gotta love a girl who loves tools, loves to listen to the natural sounds of "her" Ferrari, and can appreciate Snoop Dog too.

WOW!!!! You rock Tambi!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is my Kenwood amp mounted

Here is my Kenwood amp mounted on the firewall. There were some custom tube speakers behind each seat, But I took them out becuase the top obstructed the rear window because of the tube speakers. I have two low profile Kenwood speakers in mind that will mount on the firewall behind the seats. Until then, all I have are the door speakers, which we all know SUCK!!! But like Tambi, I listen to the V8 music most of the time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, upgrading the interior sp

Yes, upgrading the interior speakers was a must, so are you just going to add the speakers to the firewall or are you going to replace the door speakers as well? Kevin was able to replace all my speakers with new upgraded speakers and other than actual sound coming out (hehe) you would never know that my cockpit had anything done to it. I am all about driving not really a big fan of sitting at looking at my car via concours, etc. but I still wasn't really ready to have any visible cutting alterations in the cockpit. My "she" devil rocks!! I love Snoop, Prince and Kid Rock...all the bad boys, guilty as charged. But without a question the sounds of a Ferrari truly rock.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes I will change out the door

Yes I will change out the door speakers and I plan on putting the sub in the passenger's footwell. There is a hollow space down there just the right size.

Hahaha!!! "She" Devil......that cracks me up...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I saw somewhere where someone

I saw somewhere where someone else had done that...looked very cool.

She is:
a she,
red,
hot,
tempting
and goes like the devil! hehehe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts