Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the Daytona out for a r

I took the Daytona out for a ride yesterday after about a month of sitting. On the way back I filled up the tank to the top. When I parked in the garage I noticed a gasoline leak. About a drop every 10 seconds. Guess I over pressured it. I got most of the gas out of the car and the leak did stop. The leak is coming from the fuel filter that is up under the trunk. The yellow line from the tank to the filter is dry. It appears to be leaking from the filter housing or a fitting on the inlet or outlet of the housing. I installed a new filter last spring and am pretty sure I got it very tight; maybe not.

It looks to me that there is a rubber line running from the fuel filter to the two fuel pumps. I suspect this line or fitting/clamp. Does anyone know the diameter and approximate length of this line?

I would like to have some on hand so that when I put the car on the lift this weekend I will be somewhat prepared.

Appreciate all comments and any helpful hints.

Regards,

Drew Altemara

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There is a copper sealing wash

There is a copper sealing washer on the thru bolt at the top & a rubber sealing gaskit between the top & bowl, one or the other must be old & leaking from your description.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes Drew, the bolt us supposed

Yes Drew, the bolt us supposed to have a wide copper sealing washer under the flat washer of the securing bolt.

Hope that solves the leak.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does anyone know if the fuel h

Does anyone know if the fuel hose ID that leads from the "Chevy" fuel canister to the fuel pumps is 7mm? This could be my problem also and I want to replace it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drew,

I really can't th

Drew,

I really can't think of any 7mm hoses, there were 8mm & 9.5MM and a few 10MM hoses.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In looking at it it appears to

In looking at it it appears to be 9.5MM but very hard to tell. In which case 3/8" should do it.

Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.