Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a Daytona LHS

I am looking for a Daytona LHS vent window glass.

The ones ones I have found so far have a hold drilled through the glass for attachment of the latch device. I am looking for the original style with no hole.

Would appreciate any leads.

Drew Altemara
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Drew,

If you can't find

Drew,

If you can't find the vent window, Classic Coach in Elizabeth, NJ can reproduce one for you. I've seen their work which is correct in every detail, right down to the etched inscriptions.

Barry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Barry. Haven't fo

Thanks Barry. Haven't found one yet. The best I found was an original but it had a small dimple cut out on the inside where the latch pulled off and took away some of the glass. This may work but I am holding out for a better piece. I have contacted all the usual sources and some of the ones in Europe who you never think to contact. I just submitted an ad to FML in the hopes of finding one. Someone, somewhere has this piece of glass.

Thanks for the tip. If nothing comes of my search Classic Coach is certainly a good recommendation though I imagine it would be fairly expensive.

Drew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drew,

They might also be a

Drew,

They might also be a good source for a NOS vent window. If they don't have one, they know where it might be found. I've seen them get or make parts for several cars which won platinum awards at national meets. They made up a vent glass for a 288GTO with appropriate markings as the original. They are currently restoring a Daytona to concours condition.

(908) 352-3939 and ask for Rocco Planeta. I know they can help.

Barry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Barry, will give them a

Thanks Barry, will give them a call. Know of them but never thought to give them a call.

Drew

1 - 6 of 6 Posts