Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if Bill Badur

Does anyone know if Bill Badurski ever published his article on Daytona spyder coversions in Forza magazine and if so which number? I have not been able to find it in the Forza magazine past issues section of their web site.

Drew Altemara

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have all Forza volumes but n

I have all Forza volumes but never saw such an article. So I would say no. Would be interesting though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I received the proof copy from

I received the proof copy from Forza two weeks ago. It will be in the next issue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill, great article! Very inf

Bill, great article! Very informative. Thanks for taking the time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bill, you didn't mention t

Bill, you didn't mention the window rake. I believe there is a difference between spiders and Berlinettas.

Apart from that, a great article.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Issue number 57, November.
A

Issue number 57, November.
Andreas, no difference in rake to my knowledge.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Regarding the windshield...
T

Regarding the windshield...
Took some measurements. Using the horizontal line atop the front fender next to the battery as a baseline for zero degrees horizontal, found both coupe and spyder windshield at 24 degrees. Next measuring max height of glass between mouldings top and bottom at the center, both were 29 inches high. Measuring vent windows at bottom horizontal and longest part vertical, again both same at 8-3/4" horizontal and 12" vertical. Also see no difference in door lamp shape or placement. Consequently, I can find no difference between the models. Any contradictory info would be welcome.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bill,

are your measurements

Bill,

are your measurements from a chop job or a genuine spider?

If you compare chop job vs the coupe, the measurements will remain the same. Only if compared to a genuine spider will they differ.

Isn't your spider a converted one?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My car was a full conversion b

My car was a full conversion by Bacchelli in Modena using all spyder parts. Have many pages of documentation. I'm interested in facts, not heresay about this. Until someone can provide detailed documentation that disputes my measurements, I consider this a dead issue.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Andreas,

agree with Bill he

Andreas,

agree with Bill here.

You do realize the same vent windows were used right????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bill, apologies if this irrita

Bill, apologies if this irritated you. It wasn't meant to be. I loved your article and hope to see your car at one of our events next year in Chicago.

I'm just crazy about the Daytona and all the details about it. And there are still so many unanswered questions, hopefully I find a copy of Gerald Roush's book one day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JRV,

I didn't know the

JRV,

I didn't know the part about the same vent windows, but that would certainly settle it.

Armed with Bill's article I'll keep an eye on this next time I'll see a few Daytonas at a Concours.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not totally against a

I'm not totally against a Daytona spyder conversion.

Weren't all 275 GTB/4 NART Spyders, conversions?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts