Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
though several Ebay auctions c

though several Ebay auctions claim the steering wheels they have fit daytonas, I dont think they do, even with the proper adapter. I know that Bill Badurski (if you are reading this please respond) bought one from Ferrari-UK, but they are all out and I need to know what kind fits the daytona. I am tired of trying to navigate those brutes with that flimsy steering wheel provided with the car. Help, someone please.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Coach,
The stock one measu

Hi Coach,
The stock one measures approx. 15-1/2" dia, 1-7/16" offset from mounting face to rim, 18 holes ~ 1/4" dia. The wood one I bought, p/n 740171 measures 15-7/16" dia, 1-1/2" offset, same hole locations and size. This was an NOS item that was mis-identified by Ferrari UK when posted for sale, but I recognized the part number. My car has wider tires and wheels than stock, and the leather-wrapped wheel had a tendency to bend a bit at the 12:00 position, so I got the more firm wood wheel which does not do this.

Installation was quick and simple. Just remove the attachment nuts and swap wheels. No need to pull the adapter.

There was another wheel sold to Kurt at ferraribooks.com which looked like the same thing except for a dark wood insert in the rim. He asked me for my wheel's dimensions to compare to the one I bought, but I don't know what he determined afterwards. He might still have it.

I also have a Momo adapter for the Daytona, and a couple of smaller diameter Momo wheels for same that I bought many years ago. I used them when I was racing my old coupe. They're stronger than the stock one and don't flex. Perhaps you might want to look for this setup if an original wood wheel can't be found. The Momo adapter takes any Momo wheel, so it opens up the possibilities. Installation requires removing the stock wheel adapter with a modified steering wheel puller.

Let me know if you need any more info.
Bill

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for all the information

Thanks for all the information in your post...I too have 8 inch and 9 inch Borranis but with the stock steering wheel, the car is hardly steerable.

That was an EBay auction by the way item number 2473551584

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coach,
All wrong. The counter

Coach,
All wrong. The countersunk holes (6) are for use with the later style adapter. The correct wheel has 18 holes, all through-drilled with no countersink.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bill,
Does you NOS wood wheel

Bill,
Does you NOS wood wheel have any lettering or markings on the back side of the spokes?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Edward,
No stampings or marki

Edward,
No stampings or markings of any kind. Just had tag on it when received with OEM part number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts