Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Deal is done picking up Thursd

Deal is done picking up Thursday or Friday.

1982 BB512i

One owner since new from Switzerland.

Got the vehicle in Montreal after looking and trying out 5 different 512's in the last month and a half.

Had to get my wife a new house in order for her to take the pill on the F-Car but finally I have the rig that I wanted since 1982 when I worked in a lumber yard in Montreal East and saw the one that the owner of the business beside the Lumber yard owned.

Got sidetracked while I got my dream boat last year so now it was time for my dream car.

Thanks for all the help from very knowledgeable members on this forum helping me do my due diligence.

G.L.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Congratulations, looks Bella!

Congratulations, looks Bella!

Looks super clean and nice color combo.

You'll love these cars after owning one for awhile, nothing is like them!

Regards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Car cannot be imported in

The Car cannot be imported in the US before January 07. My intention was to register it to my property in Canada and then bring it to the US for controlled length of time, to be within the law, in the interim. I had found an insurer comfortable with that however a little expensive. This seems however to be exposing people involved in this deal to unwanted liabilities. This car might be inaccessible for me then.

Very unfortunate and disappointing it is a sweet car... the search might press on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Disappointing that Steve Mamma

Disappointing that Steve Mamman would lead you this far down the path on it.....

How about bringing it in 'track use/display' only for awhile, if this is really 'your car'?

It's not perfect, I don't know that the steering wheel or those seats are OEM........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Steve did all he could, his te

Steve did all he could, his team and him are excellent persons to deal with and I would recommend him to anyone. Another entity choked after committing.

Regarding the seats:

What I was told is that they were done at Ferrari with the extra bolstering in it. The Doctor that bought it new requested it.

Foglights spacing:
It is also the first one I see with the fog lights closer-in to let space for air intake on the outside of the fog lights ducting air to the front brake, I was also told this was done at the factory.

I have not verified this but all is done impecably, the ducting you see with tie-wraps in the front suspension picture definitaly looks like it has been at least re done recently.

Steering:
Easy to find an original.

I was not buying this for Concours I was buying it to drive it. So the display/racing deal would only be an even worst tease for 18 month... I might get a 308 in the interim and shop for a Euro BBi in a few years when the 25 year deal is done. I do not want a DOT/EPA moded car if I can help it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steve's shop recently tota

Steve's shop recently totally rebuilt a 308 Race car. They do good work, it seems......

There are TWO carbed Boxers for sale right now in US. A blue one up North and a Yellow one in Florida. I agree about the DOT work when they were new. Some good, some shysters! Actually three, counting the Red one at Bobileff......

Both these cars want "all the money" though, unsure of actual condition, just from pics.

Well, drop over and drive one of my carbed Non CAT 308GTBs anytime! LOL! A good fall back position.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moved on to this now we'll

Moved on to this now we'll see if we can get it done now...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds like you're "ar

Sounds like you're "armed and dangeous" all right!

I like a guy who's not easily discouraged! LOL!

Best of luck! Drop back by with pics when you find "the one"........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That would leave pre 1980 cars

That would leave pre 1980 cars, carburated.

The carbed cars offer the induction sounds and hot cams with less weight which makes them the fastest, I can totally smoke my rear tires at 45mph, not many cars can do that.Carb cars are rarer so choices are limited and granted most carb cars will not be the queens the BBis seem to be, but nothings wrong with a bit of a project. My car I knew would need some work and paint since I am a perfectionist when it comes to having paint flaws, 99% of the Boxers including BBis would need some touch up work if I owned them, so with the work I have done on my car its now the way I want it and close to being a perfect Boxer. The tradeoff was of course not being able to drive it much while completeing this work but its been rewarding and fun anyway, something to keep in mind when considering your choices.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sheehan justed listed a carb B

Sheehan justed listed a carb Boxer 512........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He emails me ......[IMG]http:/

He emails me ......

It'll be up tomorrow or so....'79 VIN #27001, IIRC. $95K.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So you get the inside scoop, o

So you get the inside scoop, okay then.

Regards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have the very Famous X AJ Fo

I have the very Famous X AJ Foyt Boxer (83) bought by present owner at AJ's telivised Indy Auction, only asking $93,500.

Silver/Bl/Rd

if anyone is interested!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I may be wrong but I think he

I may be wrong but I think he sold this car before Red/Black and a guy named Lee S owned it, he had it on his site as a sold car that had much work done on it including a engine rebuild and rear suspension rebuild among other items such as a Tubi etc., it had the same jacked up rear height in the pics on his site as my car before I changed the rear springs.

Looked like a nice car though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Jeff..you make the AJ Boxer so

Jeff..you make the AJ Boxer sound like a Deal!!!
...maybe I should ask for more???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe you should, but if AJs s

Maybe you should, but if AJs stuff gets collectible in the next few years it may be worth much more.

Don't get me wrong the 27001 Boxer is real nice from the pics I saw and documented work posted on Sheehans site but it just had the same jacked up rear end as my car which gives it a severe positive camber look and makes the car about 3" too high, they must have bought the 300lb rear springs from the same guy.

Regards

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I talked to LS about his car b

I talked to LS about his car before it ended upat Sheean again.

Talked to Dick Merritt on the one I am lining up for today and he had the docs for it so that one is OK.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.