Ferrari Forums banner

Differential Cooling Duct on 308

2K views 5 replies 0 participants last post by  JRV 
G
#1 ·
I am replacing a flexible cool

I am replacing a flexible cooling duct on my '78 308 GTS that runs from the R/H inlet duct of the body, down around the R/H side of the engine to aim roughly at the differential. The old duct is crushed and the lower end isn't attached to anything. Can somebody shoot a picture and/or describe how the lower end is mounted and what it is supposed to aim at?

Thanks, DJ

G
#2 ·
If I remember correctly it han

If I remember correctly it hangs loose and aims directly at the bottom of the engine/transaxel.

There is not a lot of room there and the routing is tight enough to hold it in place.

At least that's how I remember mine was fit.

G
#3 ·
Drew is correct.

There wa

Drew is correct.

There was no exact set position, they just point towards the headers/diff to direct extra cooling air at the hot pocket between headers/Diff/Block when the car was moving. .

Regards, JRV

G
#4 ·
Thats just the way I found the

Thats just the way I found the old one, just sort of hanging there. I think I will try to find a way to secure it so it looks like the installation was actually planned that way.
Thanks, DJ

G
#5 ·
A little help here. What duct

A little help here. What duct is this? My 77 does not have any duct coming from the carb air intake which is on the right side. The left side goes to the oil cooler and there is no other duct there. I guess I'm confused on where this is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.