Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the Tesstarossa hold its

Does the Tesstarossa hold its value well? Is it going up or down on the bluebooks? Why or why not. i know the key is to keep the miles low but what is the action in the bluebook doing?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No. The problem with TR's

No. The problem with TR's is that they require a lot of $ to keep rolling. I drove one 115,000 miles. All in it cost me $2.50 per mile. Used TR's IMHO are a great car but not for owners without deep pockets or the ability to do much of the work themselves. A belt service can easily run 10K. When the trans goes, and it will, 15K+. To fix AC which will go as well 3-5K.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mr Glickenhaus,

When you sa

Mr Glickenhaus,

When you said "trans," did you mean transmission or transaxle? Why does it inevitably fail?
Would this still be a problem with the '89-'90
TR's (not 512TR)?

I am asking because am interested in getting one.

Thank you.

Ron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Diff. The earlier TR's, mi

Diff. The earlier TR's, mine was an 88 had this problem. When they go if you don't pull over very quickly you can destroy the case which is a BIG $.
I do think the later ones were fine. JRV???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When I bought my 88 TR six yea

When I bought my 88 TR six years ago, the diff. was being replaced, at the Ferrari dealer. I bought the car as it sat on the lift, with engine out, and new diff in. They just installed a 512 TR diff into the car.........was told it was much stronger. His bill was about $12K, if I recall. That was at 45K miles. I have had no problems since.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think you're right Henry

I think you're right Henryk. Mine went at 85k miles and I replaced it with a 512 TR diff as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I kind of doubt that a diff ch

I kind of doubt that a diff change in a 3X8 would be much less, then that of a TR!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts