Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now don't get upset,But, i

Now don't get upset,But, i heard of a 308 which had a fiero transaxle and small block chevrolet engine installed and wanted to know how it was done ? has anyone seen this done ?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I've heard of things like

I've heard of things like that, never seen one. Seems like it would be easier and cheaper to just buy a Fiero?

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw one for sale many years

I saw one for sale many years ago in a classic car trader magazine. It was supposedly an early 80's 308 with a Chevrolet 350 engine. I remember the asking price was $25,000 at a time when a stock 308 was around 50K.

I always wondered if it was real, or if it was actually a kit car. The pictures sure looked like a real 308. I haven't seen anything like it since.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you look under a kit car si

If you look under a kit car site and check Fiero adaptable kits it will lead you to engine adaption kits . You can buy the mounting kit to put a 350CID engine on a Fiero transmission. I do not know of an adapter to put this transaxle in a 308 but I suppose it can be done. I haven't tried this yet , only put 350's in Jags.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmmm, I have a 400 HP. 350 w

Hmmmmm, I have a 400 HP. 350 with no place to go at the moment. Boy a sleeper 308 like that would give a few exotics a run for the money.;)

If I had a clapped out junkyard derelict, maybe a burned one, I would consider it but I would not do it to an original, drivable 308. Taboo.

A junked GT4 would be a better canidate due to the larger and more accessable engine compartment.

I seem to recall an ad on line for a half finished, rusty, 208 GT4 track car in Florida with no drive train going for under 4,000.

Nobody would be laughing after being dusted by that one.

DJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.