Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have experience wi

Does anyone have experience with EBC brake pads -
Was looking at Green Stuff 2000 which are supposed to be fade resistance and easy on rotors at about $62/axel - same part numbers as a 365gtBB. Thanks

Aaron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A friend installed EBC greenst

A friend installed EBC greenstuff in his 348 spider and is quite happy. He did quite a bit of research before going with them. I have heard a few complain of squeeks or noise, but that may be an installation issue, rather than the product itself.

One product I have heard good things about for street use (not tracking) is the Axxis Delux Plus pad. Easy on rotors, and yet still improved fade resistance over most stock and performance pads. They too are reasonably priced. http://www.zeckhausen.com/axxis_pads.htm

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have EBC Green on the 1985 Eur

Have EBC Green on the 1985 Euro 308GTS here. Have used them for about 8k miles. Naturally you'll have the rotors "turned" before installing new pads. Takes about 500 average miles (read: not track/excessive) of driving to seat in. In the very beginning expect some squeal at light braking. This pretty much goes away over time (500 miles).

As for braking power, EXCELLENT hot and good from DEAD cold (0F). During spirited drives have experienced zero fade and the hotter the brakes, the better they seem to be. As for rotor wear and dust, there is some dust yet rotor wear seems very minimal.

Enjoy

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

PS: Naturally also have new steel braided brake lines. In for a penny, in for a paund. May as well do the job RIGHT the first time

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dave, Steve

Thanks for the

Dave, Steve

Thanks for the response. Appreciate the time it takes to post.

I'm placing the order with tirerack.

Aaron

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why do you have to turn the di

Why do you have to turn the disks? and 500 miles? That's more than normal, isn't it? Is that what they recommend? if so, why?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Peter,

sometimes turning ro

Peter,

sometimes turning rotors is not neccesary, however, if not turned the break-in takes a little longer before full brake performance is achieved. Generally I prefer unturned rotors when possible because they have more surface area. However if the rotors are glazed, or have hardened heat spots brake performance will be reduced unless the problems are addressed.

A proper pad installation does include champhering the edges and coating the backs of the pads as well as a proper bedding in & curing (degassing) procedure to illiminate squeaking.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Peter,

>>>Why d

Peter,

>>>Why do you have to turn the disks?<<<

You do not "have to". Personally, like to have everything all clean and flat. It's just me i guess.

>>> and 500 miles? That's more than normal, isn't it?<<<

Yes. They CLAIM no to little squeal, and 100 miles for break in, but these babies with normal street driivng seem to take longer. Maybe i was TOO gentle on the new brakes/hoses???

Ok, use 'em hard and fast and natrually the miles goes down for break in.

Guess i ALWAYS err on the side of caution at first. Once i am sure all is well... WEEEEEEEEeeeeeee

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.