Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I open my garage doo

Everytime I open my garage door to get the car out it starts raining.... booo hooo!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What kind of Ferrari do you dr

What kind of Ferrari do you drive. I have driven many ferraris in the rain, and from my experiences, I think a ferrari is perfectly drivable in rain, as long as you don't push it too hard, in which case you are sure to experience exess wheelspin and oversteer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its a 78 308 GT4, i am not too

its a 78 308 GT4, i am not too concerend about the cars ability to drive in the wet other the the wets ability to ruin the car! touch wood the weather is getting better and summer is on its way.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now you know why people pay al

Now you know why people pay alot of money for a house in SUNNY Southern California. LOL.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talking about the weather - he

Talking about the weather - here's a funny thing.On my carb GTB I got an emission fail at the yearly MOT.It was running too rich at idle. No big deal,I changed the filter for a K&N replacement one and cut out all the internal baffles and wadding from the air box. Result - car runs leaner.All well and good. Except the next time I went back to the garage IT WAS RAINING,and the emissions figures got worse.Mmm,very strange. My theory is the 30 minute run I gave it beforehand sucked in sufficient water onto the aircleaner as to cause a kind of water block to the carbs - and so effectively chocking the car to run rich.Anyone else noticed this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Talking about the weather - he

Talking about the weather - here's a funny thing.On my carb GTB I got an emission fail at the yearly MOT.It was running too rich at idle. No big deal,I changed the filter for a K&N replacement one and cut out all the internal baffles and wadding from the air box. Result - car runs leaner.All well and good. Except the next time I went back to the garage IT WAS RAINING,and the emissions figures got worse.Mmm,very strange. My theory is the 30 minute run I gave it beforehand sucked in sufficient water onto the aircleaner as to cause a kind of water block to the carbs - and so effectively chocking the car to run rich.Anyone else noticed this?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More likely the moisture was c

More likely the moisture was causing a misfire???

I would not think carb mix was sensitive to the moisture.....maybe so though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.