Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
By chance, does anyone have a

By chance, does anyone have a set of these bushings kicking around...?

I know that they offer two different sized bushings for the F-cars (30 and 34mm o.d.). I'm looking for the bolt hole size on both of these bushings.

Regards,
David

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
If no one else answers, I will

If no one else answers, I will check tonight when I get home, got 16 of those that just came in.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
My measurements on a 30mm ES b

My measurements on a 30mm ES bushing shows a similar .482" hole...within the normal discrepancy in measurement technique.

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...

Does anyone have

Thanks...

Does anyone have a 34mm bushing? Looking for the bolt hole diameter for that size, as well.

Also, where did you gents get these bushings?

Regards,
David

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
FYI All...

For the BB cars:

FYI All...

For the BB cars:

34mm inner control arm bushing (rear)
30mm outer control arm bushing (rear)

Regards,
David

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
David,

are you replacing al

David,

are you replacing all the rear bushings on your Boxer?

are you thinking this is related to handling/alignment issues or just time?

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Hi JRV,

Well, that's a

Hi JRV,

Well, that's a great question...
According to my records, all the bushings and shocks were replaced in 1988. In the classis argument, time versus mileage....time wins out again. Although I do suspect a shock issue, in the way the car "handles" bumps, the suspension bushings still "look" and "feel" good with little to no perceived looseness. But after all those years of limited driving, who really knows what those rubber bushings look like on "the inside" or under actual vehicle loading.

Considering the minimal cost, maximum benefit fator...it just seems like the right thing to due to eliminate yet another variable in the cars' handling dynamics. I'm sure the big (265/40/17) tires increase the loads on the (old) bushings considerably more than the stock tires did...

I'll picture/post, as I go....

Regards,

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts