Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The shop manual* for the

The shop manual* for the clutch setup height specifies 41.5 to 44.5 mm, which is about half an inch too short. This is a typo. Does anybody have a correct specification?

Thanks in advance, Al

Page D7, fig. 5

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
You don't mention if the f

You don't mention if the flywheel is on/off the car or if you are using old or new parts.

More info please!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, John,

Sorry about the d

Hi, John,

Sorry about the delay, but as of today, my F355 is still intact, nothing (including the flywheel) is dismantled off the car. I'm reinstalling OEM parts which willhave been reworked to take advantage of new technology.

I had installed an experimetal Kevlar faced driven disk about 21k miles ago; and after several track events, it's slipping, probably due to an incorrect setup height.

I obtained a salvaged driven disk and pressure plate /cover ass'y from a friend at an F repair shop, and the driven disk has been experimentally rebuilt with one face ceramic and the other with a conventional organic material, "V-Lock". Next step is to get the pressure plate machined flat (it has a .027" bellmouth condition) and then shim it back to the correct Clutch Setup Height.

Therein lies a story .. that spec. in the F355 manual, pg D7, is impossible. I finally reached a contact inside Ferrari, who eventually found out that that spec is taken with the clutch ass'y installed and actuated!! In other words, impossible to measure.

I've spent a lot of time researching out this problem, and think I've found a solution. But, I don't want to post any info until I know that it all works. I should have the car apart this week and then be able to examine the flywheel. Then, the parts that need attention will be taken to a machine shop already experienced with Ferrari bits.

As the talking heads on TV say, "more news as it unfolds."

Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.