Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
THIS IS MY FIRST POSTING ON TH

THIS IS MY FIRST POSTING ON THE EVE OF PURCHASING A 1998 F355 SPIDER.I HAVE A PPI COMPLETED BY A LOCAL DEALER AND AM TOLD THAT THE RIGHT EXHAUST MANIFOLD WILL NEED REPLACING SOON.MECHANIC I SPOKE WITH GAVE OPTION OF PURCHASING FACTORY MANIFOLD OR REPLACING BOTH RIGHT AND LEFT WITH TUBI PRODUCT FOR THE SAME $ WITHIN 100.ANY THOUGHTS ON THE BEST WAY TO GO? I HAVE NEGOTIATED COST OF REPAIR INTO PURCHASE PRICE.THANKS FOR ANY EXPERTISE AVAILABLE.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I heard it is a big problem wi

I heard it is a big problem with most 355,s
Lyle tanner at ferraripartsexchange.com has them rebuilt with stainless and they have not had any returned,so i am told. If not I have an extra pair from a wrecked front 355 i bought for parts for my 355 that took a hit. or tubi always sounds nice (pricey though)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 98 355 F1 Spider whic

I have a 98 355 F1 Spider which I purchased /ordered new through Ferrari of Beverly Hills. Shortly after getting it in 98 I had a Tubi put on and love it! I had it put on because the stock was too quiet for my taste. It really opened up the sound of the car. So I have to say to get a great sound from your car...I would recommend the Tubi. Of course don't be surprised if you have to replace a few burned up catalytic converters. Which has been my experience.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts