Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a custom made tool I

This was a custom made tool I had machined after unsuccessfully attempting to pry the heads off my engine. Anyone that has dismantaled an engine with some miles on it will tell you how hard it is. You can either hit it with a hammer and hope you don't warp it; you can try prying it out or use this tool. I can't believe how easy it was.
Apparently the coolant causes the aluminum heads to chemically bond to the steel head bolts. I swear If I didn't know better I would have thought they were welded. Before this tool I literally wrapped the head with a pulling strap and hung the whole entire engine by the head and nothing. With this tool it was as easy as turning a bolt.
Very easy to use - using a torquing table you just hand tightent the bolts against the head studs and then in a torquing pattern you just turn each bolt about an eith of a turn. A little time consuming but by far the most efficient way to remove a head. You can have your own made for $300 like I did or buy mine for $100 - buy it now!
email me

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! THANKS FERR

SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! THANKS FERRARICHAT I'M STARTING TO THINK EBAY'S OVERRATED.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts