Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday, Feb 27, 2005,Page 23

Sunday, Feb 27, 2005,Page 23
Ferrari has unveiled its new car for the 2005 season.

Named the F2005 and designed by Italian engineer Aldo Costa, the car is likely to debut on May 8 in the Spanish Grand Prix. Costa is set to succeed Rory Byrne as chief designer, the man behind Ferrari's recent success.

Ferrari will start the season on March 6 in the Australian GP with an updated version of the successful F2004 model. Ferrari won 15 of 18 races last season with Michael Schumacher taking 13 en route to winning his seventh series title.

"I'm here for the 10th time and after nine years, and I'm still happy and a bit nervous about the new season," Schumacher said.

"The new car looks good, but we'll only see how good later. Of course, I would have liked to have the new car immediately."

The Italian team, owned by the ailing auto giant Fiat, has won the manufacturers' title every year since 1999. This year's car will carry the Fiat logo in addition to the traditional prancing horse emblem.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow, that's very cool. It&

Wow, that's very cool. It's significantly different from last years car. It's amazing the level of development from year to year. That front wing is crazy, though. Let's hope it wins another championship.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts