Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just drove home a 75 308 GT4.

Just drove home a 75 308 GT4. The car runs and drives very well. Corners flat, nice turn in too. Its very predictable and well balanced. It has a weak second gear synchro. It also has an eight inch crack near the rear view mirror in the windshield. The front rotors need turned or replaced. Other than that, I was very pleased with the car. It was originaly a dark blue. It has been repainted red/boxer. The original brown and tan interior is in good condition. The chassis number is 10886. The 308 registry has it's original dark blue color listed with the State of Texas as it's location. I know it was owned by a doctor in Mattoon IL. Any information about history, parts or care and feeding will be appreciated.}}

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Coop - I believe I used to own

Coop - I believe I used to own this car. I cannot recall the serial number but believe it was 10886. Some distinguishing characteristics I recall are
1) two tone cloth and vinyl seat covers
2) the front hood vent was painted a black metallic color - not original.
If it is the same car, I bought it in 1986 in Houston, Texas. JRV did a lot of work to the car. The engine had been rebuilt before I got it. The trans had weak 2nd gear synchros (very common). The mileage on the odometer was around 110,000. It was my first Ferrari and a real joy to own }and drive.Very reliable. I sold it in 1989 so a Doctor in Houston.... maybe the guy you bought it from.
Feel free to PM me if you wish. I think I still have a shop manual for it laying around in my garage.
Regards
Mike
}

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes! It is your old car # 1088

Yes! It is your old car # 10886. I have a bunch of service records with your name from Houston Texas. From what I can tell by looking at the records, you sold it to a gentleman named Rowley. Rowley had it in storage for two years, then sold it to JRV on 06/05/98. That bill of sale is written on a Pinnacle Motorsports repair order slip. I also have the sales slip dated 02/13/88 when you sold the car. I could really use that shop manual, if you could give it up. I know what you paid for it. I have the receipt! Best Regards, Darren

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Darren - send me a PM at [emai

Darren - send me a PM at [email protected]. Include your phone number and a good time to call you. I live in Buenos Aires, but will be in the USA in a couple of weeks.
Regards
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts