Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't remember when I took

Don't remember when I took these...
I've gotten to sit inside one, I got to hear it bark to life and rev the engine a bit. Anyways, here are the pics.

Oops. Have to resize them...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, F40 engine through the &#3

Ok, F40 engine through the "glass".

You would not believe the SOUND that comes out of these things. Don't let the size fool you!

Yeah, yeah, my shadow is in the pic and all that. I'm not a good photographer.
More to come...

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next is the hood (or bonne

Next is the hood (or bonnet), or part of it. I just wanted to get the NACA ducts on it. They look cool. It was cramped in there...

Part of the spoiler and side of the car.

I think I have more...

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lights! Yeah, my hand's i

Lights! Yeah, my hand's in the way, but I would've fallen over otherwise, and then no pictures!

Turn signals and rear grille.

The part that really matters. The fun seat. Who needs a radio. I mean, really.

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pictures don't do this car

Pictures don't do this car justice (especially these)! This car is just phenomenal. I was surprised as to how difficult it was to get in and out. Probably the hardest Ferrari in terms of ingress/egress. At least that's been my experience. Who cares though. It's not like it's a huge chore. Even if it were. I'm sure that once that engine turns over and you have the controls you really won't care.

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>>Ok, F40 engine throu

>>Ok, F40 engine through the "glass". <<

I love F40's...if I could choose 1 Ferrari to have I think I'd pick an F40 over the rest..I love them so much in fact - look>>

I like to crawl up in the engine compartment and give the them a BIG HUUUGGG....;-)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha!

That's awesome.

Hahaha!

That's awesome. I hear they're tremendously capable on the road too!

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And if Hugging them doesn'

And if Hugging them doesn't work, sometimes I try kissing them...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Great pics JR,

I should hav

Great pics JR,

I should have seen these sooner.

Also, I've had to do my share of crawling up in tight places on some of the Italian machines I've owned,..Glad to see I'm not the only one who's had to.
I used to ask myself "I wonder if the professionals have to squeeze up in here like I'm having to do ?" LOL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chris Parr, from the F-chat bo

Chris Parr, from the F-chat board gave me a ride in his F-40 back in March.

Can you say rocketship!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sean,

I love F40's they

Sean,

I love F40's they are awesome to drive. Makes how hard they are to work on all worth it.

JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
JRV,

I drove one today! Th

JRV,

I drove one today! The owner offered last week to give my son a ride at this weeks meeting so I brought him along. We get ready to go and he say "here, YOU take him for a ride"...I was like "uhhh, ummm, aahhhhh...." You know, I was a little nervous about driving a car that is worth 1 1/2 times what my house is!

Also, the weight of my foot was inversely proportional to the nervousness I was experiencing. I'm not sure if I got over 6000RPM...still, I was going 70 in a 45!

I'm guessing I'll get another chance to drive it so maybe that time I won't feel so nervous and I'll rev it a little higher. The owner was laughing at me when I came back and asked if "did you get over 1500 RPM??". I told him, "YES, just not in front of YOU!."

Heck, it was my first time to drive any kind of Ferrari...sort of a bad start 'cause almost everything else will pale in comparison!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
DAMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!

DAMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!! CONGRATS{
}

I think the first Ferrari I got to drive was a 166...made every other Ferrari I've driven feel like moving on up to the East Side {
}

Wow dude that is one cool experience. I know I would have been nervous myself...in fact I still am when I have to drive the Big Boys.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts