Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
We're starting a semi-res

We're starting a semi-restoration or rather a restoration redo on an old 62 Alfa Gulietta Spyder for one of our Lambo clients.

We're outside steam cleaning the suspension and chassis (yea, caked in 30 yrs of goop)before bringing it in to get started and I tell the apprentice to put the wheels back on the left side, but to be careful because the lug nuts are Left Hand Thread (backwards) and to make sure he doesn't mess up, he looks up at me with the most bewidered look on his face, so I say, you don't know what the heck I'm talking about do you?, he says, "how could I, they stopped doing that sh*t before I was born !!!!!"

LMAO !!!

;-)

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
Left hand thread?!

Never he

Left hand thread?!

Never heard of it either! Was it all Italians that had this done?

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
LOL, that's funny.

Brit

LOL, that's funny.

British did it on Austin Healey's as well (if I recall my dad's old 3000 correctly).

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty much everybody did it t

Pretty much everybody did it that way, and for good reason: You want to make sure that the natural force on the wheels on each side of the car won't tend to loosen the wheel knock-off. As a result, the knock-offs on each side come off in opposite directions, and often had an "undo label accompanyed by an arrow in the correct direction.

Several years ago, Brock Yates (I think) related a story in CD about pulling into a gas station many years ago with some sort of low-volume sports car (perhaps a early Jag or a Cunningham?) After looking the car over for a long time, the pump jockey ambled over to Yates and casually said, "What year Undo is that, mister?" Yates laughed so hard he sprayed cola all over the driveway...

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
>>"What year Undo

>>"What year Undo is that, mister?" <<

Dub, Welcome !

Hey that is Hilarious.

I guess these things remind us how things change and that we're getting older....

Regards, JRV

1 - 5 of 5 Posts