Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the track even at Gingerman

At the track even at Gingerman raceway yesterday, I was very lucky in that I got to ride in an F40 for some hot laps. It was a 1990 car with a tubi exhuast on it, and 38k miles believe it or not. All I can say is WOW! I was expecting some good performance in braking and acceleration, but it was much more than I thought it would be. In a straight line that thing was an animal! I've had some pretty bad cars in my day, but this would have beaten them all. I just couldn't believe the pull that thing has! Brakes and cornering were incredible as well. He was pushing the car quite hard in the corners as the tires were letting us know they were at the edge. It's hard to believe that a 14 year old car can be so good! The seats were snug, entry and exit difficult, rear visibility crappy.......gosh how I want one! The ride was actually quite comfortable over bumps and such. What a Bad-A## car that is!! It was an experience I'll treasure forever!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow Jeff!! That is awesome!!!

Wow Jeff!! That is awesome!!! I have never ridden in an F40. I have heard that they are bad to the bone.
Congrats!!

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got to drive one many years

I got to drive one many years ago. It was an awesome experience!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got a ride Sunday from the s

I got a ride Sunday from the same guy. I think the owner's name is Don Harrison. He was offering rides to anyone who wanted them. It's great to see real enthusiasts sharing their passion for the cars with others. Not many of us will ever get to own an F40, and he really made our day by letting us get a glimpse of what it must be like.

I'm still grinning from ear to ear!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts