Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to look at a car today

I went to look at a car today that was advertised on the Internet. The car happened to be at a authorized Ferrari dealer. I looked around for about 20 minutes before I was asked If I need help. I told the salesman I had come for a car that was advertised on the Internet. Like a typical car salesperson he had no Idea If they had the car. He proceded to call his manager on his cell phone. Supposedly the car was locked up in service and no one at the dealership had the key. (That was the story I got) He then proceded to show me his late model 360's, When I told him those cars were out of my league he handed me his business card and bid me farewell.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well he just bid farwell to yo

Well he just bid farwell to your money didn't he?
I hate people who think they are above you just because they wrok in a certain place. You more then likely make more then he does..and he gave you the blow off?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drew,

The dealer is the Aut

Drew,

The dealer is the Auto Gallery located In Woodland Hills,Ca.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you finally find a car, g

When you finally find a car, go back to them and make sure the salesman knows as well as his manager that he blew a potential deal.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sound's like a normal

That sound's like a normal Ferrari shopping experience. What's the problem?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That figures. The sales guys i

That figures. The sales guys in Woodland Hills are a bit stuck up. The guys in the back are cool. I sometimes buy parts there, and almost always I get the brush off by the blockheads at the front. The only times I ever get paid attention to by the people in the front, is if one of them see's me pull up in the Ferrari. I dress comfortable, t-shirt, jeans, tennis shoes, baseball hat. You would have no idea that I own a Ferrari, and that is how they treat you. But like I said the guys at the parts counter, and in service are cool. When it was Onger Motors the service was better. The very first time I was there, I was dressed the same way. The head sales guy saw me looking around, and came out to see if I needed help. After I told him what it was I was looking for and what I wanted to spend, he was very helpful. He even took me around back to show me some cars that weren't up front, and in the price range I was looking in. But now try getting the time of day from some of the guys that work there.

The Crown Prince of Sweden said in an interview "No matter how high you are seated, you are still seated on your ass."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's funny I was In sales

It's funny I was In sales for 15 years and I never once judged a customer by their appearance.
I'll never forgot a guy I ran Into at a Las Vegas trade show who got blown off from one of my competitors. This man dressed with old and tattered clothing. I treated him like I treat everyone with respect. To make a long story short
this customer turned out to be a 7 figure account. I learned a long time ago " Never judge a book by It's cover"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is a story I heard of the

This is a story I heard of the new Bentley dealer that opened in St. Louis last year.
They were not even open yet but they were very close.
A gentleman pulled up in an old Volkswagen, he was looking in the windows.
One of the salesman went out and asked if he would like to come in an look around as it was cold out.
Well, you probably know the rest.
A sale was made!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts