Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just made an offer on a 1994

I just made an offer on a 1994 348 spider. The car has 34k mileage and is black with tan. The 30k service was just done. The car is owned by a Ferrari dealership. I offered 63k for the car which I feel Is a very fair offer. I was turned down and there was no counteroffer.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am working on a trade of my

I am working on a trade of my 1995 348 Spider (Red/Tan) on a 355 Spider. I will sell the 348 for $63K. It has 21,000 miles and had the 30K service and new clutch/flywheel done by Ferrari of Atlanta. About a year ago (less than 1000 mi).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Low to middle 60k range seems

Low to middle 60k range seems about right for a 94 spyder. I think the red/tan combo might fetch a higher price though. I'm listing my 93' 348ts Speciale at $59,900. $68k is too high, sad thing is they'll probably sell it at that too! Oh well...

here's my email if interested [email protected]

dave
indy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's the lowest special

that's the lowest special I've seen. Most are asking in the low 60's at least, how many miles?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just hit 37k. Major was don

I just hit 37k. Major was done at 31k by ferrari of washington. The more these cars are driven, the less problems you'll have for sure..

I've watched prices for a while, and it seems that if you try to list it around what it's truly worth, it will move - otherwise you'll sit on it for months...

You were on the "other" board were you not?
The "feeling" over there has changed from what it used to be....not sure it's for the better..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
David,

you're right. I

David,

you're right. If you price it correctly it will sell quick. My 92 348ts sold in a week, at a price I thought was fair for the car.

I am on the "other" board as well. I enjoy both of these boards, and have been visiting JR's site for about a year. Things are always seem better when they are smaller and not so diluted, there are advantages and disadvantages to everything.

Good luck on your sale, you should have no problems. Maybe, Donacio will take a look at it and lowball you only to get rejected...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wonder why people have to lo

I wonder why people have to lowball sellers...they need to check the car, make sure they know it well, and if the car's condition is worth it, then buy it. I guess it is the American way...always negotiate the price of the car ( I do.) However, a mint condition car is worth the extra dollar. Try getting a shabby car into mint condition, it will cost you an arm and leg..making the higher price of a good car well worth it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
2 good 348s priced below his 6

2 good 348s priced below his 63k offer and he dissappears. Like I said BS walks, nice people here help the members but it's abused when someone is a fake and wastes everyones time.

You can be whatever you want on the internet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm finding there are alot

I'm finding there are alot of people "looking" and acting "interested" in a ferrari. Take my ad for example...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Even better in person... Of co

Even better in person... Of course don't be behind me when I stomp on it !
It's LOUD!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There seems to be about a fift

There seems to be about a fifteen percent difference between wholeale and retail on the cars. If a dealer is selling, he probaly has a figure close to wholesale into the car. He can throw in a service for virtually nothing as an added value and resell the car for ten to twenty percent more then.
If you are buying from a private party, they are usually asking dealer retail prices intitially. Then after several months they may then be considering selling to a dealer or placing it on consignment. That is time you are going to find them willing to negotiate.
Just my humble opinion from a guy who has been tracking cars and prices for about six months now while I am searching.
gary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts