Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Loving Companion and Faithf

My Loving Companion and Faithful Friend of 13 1/2 yrs had to go to heaven yesterday, it was his time. I've known this was coming for about 5 yrs now I suppose, but tried not to think about or fully admit. Knew that his other friend and heaven would beckon stronger than his desire to stay with and gaurd over his dad. He was a true trooper with incredible heart, and loyalty and love for me that brought tears to my eyes, streaming tears, as I held him and had to say goodbye I love you, one last time while he was still here.

I am starting to feel better as I think about how relaxed he became when the first shot of pain medicine took hold. His head was on my lap and I could tell that for the first time in years his pain was gone and he felt so relaxed and peaceful with me holding him and gently saying my goodbyes. It felt good to know he was feeling no pain. I could almost sense that he was dreaming of being young and healthy again and running and jumping playing ball with his dad like he loved to do so much. I hope he was dreaming about seeing his deceased partner Sugar that he raised and loved so much. It sure felt as if he knew it was OK with me for him to leave me knowing that I would be ok and that I wanted him to rest and relax and dream endless dreams of fun and happiness and love and loyalty.

He was a great dog. The Best. He was My Boy.

I'll always love you and remember you boy! Wait for me in heaven we'll be together again someday. I love you, bye for now boy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello JR,

Sorry to hear abo

Hello JR,

Sorry to hear about that.

I think I recall someone mentioning that in FC the other day, but at times, with all the B.S. and sarcasim that goes on over there, I wasn't sure it was true.

My condolences. I can relate. I laid down my dog 8 years ago and cried so hard after. I was in the same room holding him down when they put the shot in him. I was so crushed, I have not gotten another dog since. It was like loosing a friend.

I'm always touched whenever I look at old pictures or video tapings of him. That's been the hardest thing over the last 8 years.

Hope you're doing better.
J.P.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea Joe, the hardest part of h

Yea Joe, the hardest part of having dogs is that we outlive them. I had many many great years of his love and devotion, can't be selfish, his best friend Sugar and God deserve their turn.

Best, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JR, My condolences. I have had

JR, My condolences. I have had to put down a number of my friends over the years but the one that hurt the most was my Black Lab, 'Chewie'. That was 20 years ago.
I haven't had a dog since.
Sincerely, DJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So very sorry to hear that, JR

So very sorry to hear that, JRV. Having to put down a friend is, indeed, a painful task. My sincere condolences.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Marg & DJ,

Thanks...

Marg & DJ,

Thanks...

he's home with me again on the nightstand so he can sleep in his favorite spot right next to his dad forever. I miss him, I don't have children so my dogs are my kids. He was a great friend.

A boy and his Dog.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JRV: sorry to hear about your

JRV: sorry to hear about your dog. I found losing my dog 6 years ago to be one of the hardest things to deal with, harder than a person because you dont know how much they undrstand. I already had a second dog, he is 11 now...
Please get another dog, it will be worth it,k and the dogs need you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for the

Hi Malcolm,

Thanks for the note.

Yes I agree losing a Dog is really something else. I'm still talking to him when I go home at night hoping he can hear me from Heaven. I really miss him coming to the gate to greet me the most, and him talking to me, he was very vocal about getting my attention, he'd just talk away until he had my 100% undivided attention..:). I have two other dogs to keep me company, but they don't talk, they're both German Shepards also. Thegirl is about 9-10 now, an adoptee, and the boy is 3 1/2 that I adopted 2 years ago so Baldar could retire from Full Gaurding Status. I think getting the younger male to take his place on gaurd duty helped him live longer and allowed him to just chill these last couple years. The other two are still acting a little strange without their friend around. Must admit Baldar was my favorite. I hope as time goes on the other two will adapt to their new roles. Some how though I just don't quite seem as close to them, but Baldar and I spent the first 5 yrs together just he and I soooo....the bond was different I suppose.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
JRV: We found that the "ne

JRV: We found that the "new" dog helped energise the old one also, seemed to suit them both. Now the Doberman is 11 we have that decision to consider again. It is such a shame they live such short lives. I like to think my previous dog and my father are curled up in the sun somewhere looking into the distance, enjoying the breeze. Hope it is true.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
First I saw of this thread

First I saw of this thread

JRV my condolences to your friend, dogs are a very special family member.

Its funny how animals seem to know their time and I am sure he was glad you were there with him

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
>>Its funny how animal

>>Its funny how animals seem to know their time and I am sure he was glad you were there with him<<

Jeff,

First Thanks!

That's one of the incredible things about Baldar that will stick with me forever, he knew it was his time, past his time, but his love, loyalty and devotion to me wouldn't let him go. It was amazing....and I'm thankful God allowed me the vision to see his miracles at work and the beauty and power of true unconditional love.

Best Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Reading this thread has brough

Reading this thread has brought tears to my eyes. JRV, my sincere condolences.

My Regards,
Wayne

1 - 12 of 12 Posts