Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
place to attach the tie down s

place to attach the tie down straps? Are there any frame attachment points? Is a lower cotrol A arm ok to strap down? How about the sway bars? Transporter has never moved older Ferraris before, only modern cars.
Thank you

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Edward,

the best place i

Hi Edward,

the best place if possible is to strap thru the wheels...not always possible though...the A-arms are a perfect alternative if the wheels can't be strapped. Don't use the sway bars.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JRV,
Thanks for the reply. Ho

JRV,
Thanks for the reply. How about strapping around the knockoffs? I'm afraid that strapping thru the wheels could result in damage to the paint finish.
Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think attaching to

I don't think attaching to the knoffs is a good idea...sounds risky. Generaly, the axle straps as they're called have padding on them...that prevents scratching paint.

If the haulers don't have padded axle straps, then A-arms or the frame is the safest place. Cars DO rock back and forth & up & down while being transported so it's always best to secure them from something very strong & solid. A minimun of 3 tie down points are neccesary, 1 front 2 rear, with 4 being the best if you are going very long distances. The tie down straps woll stretch a little over the miles allowing additional movement so something very strong on the car is important. Also, if the car is on an open trailer remember to leave it uncovered, the wind causes covers to flap and Will chafe the paint. The use of padding on the straps is sometimes helpful. If you will look in the photo gallery at the 2 Alamo threads you well see a 355 being loaded and tied down securely.

Regards, JRV

1 - 4 of 4 Posts