Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone having trouble viewi

Is anyone having trouble viewing pictures here. Can see text just fine but not pictures. Maybe someone changed the firewall at our office?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I just clicked on a couple lin

I just clicked on a couple links with photos and they came up fine. Maybe try rebooting your computer?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JRV, not to be a pest but I am

JRV, not to be a pest but I am still having problems seeing pictures/photos on you site only.

I had our systems guys here at the office look at it. I'm getting a 403 Forbidden error on all the images, so they think it's a problem with the permissions on the site.

Could you check and see if somehow my permissions may have changed?

Drew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drew: If you looked at the htm

Drew: If you looked at the html code and are typing the url of a specific image into your browser, IE: www.ferrari-talk.com/images/site_banner.gif then the 403 is normal. It's part of the bandwidth protection system. Direct requests for images and video files are blocked but images as part of a page load are acepted.

I don't know where the problem lies since I have IE6 and firefox 0.9 and it works well. My guess is that it's related to the security level of IE somehow.

I temporarily enabled direct access functionality. Hit reload and let me know if that works.

Jay

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jay,

That's got it. Ca

Jay,

That's got it. Can see the pictures/photos.

The system people have left for the day. I understand in general what you are saying but I want them to look at your response since I assume this is a "bad" thing to do just for the needs of one person.

Be back with you tomorrow. But thanks for looking at this for me.

Drew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jay,

Just one more piece of

Jay,

Just one more piece of information.

I never had any problems seeing pictures/photos at any other of the sites I surf during the day.

But again, thanks. I'm sure it must be on my side since no one else on here is having a problem.

Drew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you behind a corporate fir

Are you behind a corporate firewall or proxy server? That may also have something to do with it. The combination of proxy and direct request blocking? Not realy sure to be honest.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, I am behind a corporate f

Yes, I am behind a corporate firewall. I am going to ask the systems people to look at it today. Do other sites typically block direct requests for images. I don't appear to have this problem with other sites?

Will let you know what the system people have to say.

Drew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a similar issue. I didn

I had a similar issue. I didn't change any of the settings or anything. I haven't been on daily, but as of a couple of days I have been able to see all pictures. I was pictureless for a few weeks.

Strange thing was that my laptop wouldn't show pictures but as soon as I got on either desktop it would work. I thought it might be the wireless router but who knows.

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I had the same problem from my

I had the same problem from my home computer for a couple of weeks. I can see the graphics fine now.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, all I can say is everyth

Well, all I can say is everything is fine right now. The systems people at the office were not a lot of help. I didn't really want to pester them too much seeing as this is not work related.

But works great now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts