Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
89 328GTS
I had an electrical

89 328GTS
I had an electrical problem with my fuel system. It was blowing relays, it had some sign of shrots in the wiring harnesses. I think I fixed those shorts. When driving I could hear the relays clicking often and the engin was runnining weak until last week all sudden engin start running fine but the engie start reving high when in neutral. Whenever I put it in the gear the rev goes to normal and as soon as I go to neutral it will go to high rev. It sounds like reving high when it is cold but stays there and it never drops. Sorry for long explenaion! Any advise what might be the problem?? Thanks, Mehdi

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Check your floor mats....big p

Check your floor mats....big problem with them sliding forward and pushing against the gas pedal. Very common, both my 308 and 328 did this. I secured the mats with Velcro, solved.

If the mats are fine, then you may just need to adjust your idle speed, the big brass nut.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave thanks for the feedback,

Dave thanks for the feedback, I agree with you on the floor mats I've done the same as you did(secured them). As far as the idle I have tried but the only instruction that I have in the owner manual is to adjust it to 1000 RPM. I have tried the idle speed but no success, the engin stays in 1400-1600 RPM. As I mentioned previous to this the engine was running weak specialy in 1st gear(hesitating) and all sudden it changed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have tried adjusting the idl

I have tried adjusting the idle speed and it did not make any difference. Does anyone have any suggestions or idea of what to troubleshoot???

I suspect the auxiliary air valve could be the issue, since the idle remains at a fast speed as if the engine is still in the warm-up period. What would be the best method of troubleshooting the auxiliary air valve?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put a vise grip or clamp on on

Put a vise grip or clamp on one of the hoses (to close it off) going to or from the AAV--if the idle speed goes down, the AAV is stuck open.
It has been reported that AAVs can be removed and cleaned with WD-40. Its worth a try, they are over $250 to replace.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mehdi, check and see to make s

Mehdi, check and see to make sure you don't have any vacuum leak and make sure none of your vacuum hoses got disconnected and/or crack, any vacuum leak at all will increase your idle speed.

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did the vacuum check with no

I did the vacuum check with no success.
Mark Foley,AAV check did not reveal any, I pinched and then removed the 90 degree hose it did not change the rpm. Also the engine running too hot?? any suggestion or ideas???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts