Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in Houston want to meet

Anyone in Houston want to meet up next week at Kartzone and do some karting? I have not been there in a few months and am dieing to race. They have specials on selected days.

Kartzone specials:

Tuesday/Wednesday

1st Race - $15 / 2nd Race - $12 / 3rd Race - $10
Purchase 3 RACES up front and save more, 3 for $35

Thursday

2 for 1 Arrive & Races. Buy 1 Arrive & Race Session and get the second one FREE!

Who is interested?

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey,

That sounds like a Gre

Hey,

That sounds like a Great idea! We can have an F-Talk/L-Talk Ferrari/Lambo Enthusiasts Race Night!

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'll have to take it eas

You'll have to take it easy on us JR. Mr. state karting champion.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL...yea but I'm old &amp

LOL...yea but I'm old & rusty ..might have to double my dose of Geritol to keep up with you young pups!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've never been karting in

I've never been karting in my life. This sounds like a great time to start though!

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, Tuesday it is!!!! [IMG]htt

Ok, Tuesday it is!!!!
I have been contacted offline by a few interested individuals so we should be good to go for Tuesday. I plan on being there around 7PM.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Reminder for tomorrow night. 7

Reminder for tomorrow night. 7PM Hope to see you guys there.

Jeremy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds like a lot of fun. Take

Sounds like a lot of fun. Take pics of yourselves doing some laps so I can live vicariously LOL!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the call Jeremy, bu

Thanks for the call Jeremy, but I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. :-(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm all set to go!! When

I'm all set to go!! When you guys see the pictures I'll be the one driving in the wrong direction with "track marshalls" chasing me with sticks. I hope to learn a thing or two from you guys, so take it easy on my pride and DON'T LAP ME!!

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No problem Jason, we'll ca

No problem Jason, we'll catch up with you next time.

Taek!!! Ha ha!!!! You'll do fine man. It is a blast. I'm sure JR will dust all of us though.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
We had a blast tonight. Five s

We had a blast tonight. Five showed up, and four raced. JR had the camera so he will post the pics tomorrow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Highly recommended!! Wow that

Highly recommended!! Wow that was an absolutely awesome time. Some of you guys were FAST!

Really great time racing these things, talking cars and racing over dinner. I learned a lot about going faster and managed to clip over 3 seconds off my laptime! Awesome learning experience and even more fun to race.

Thanks for setting this up Jeremy, and thanks for the invite! Met a great bunch of guys tonight. We should do this with at least a little regularity. Once I get comfortable enough it might be time to try with the big car on a big track!
Or I can learn as we go along and do the track event sooner...or maybe not; clipping those walls on a 4 wheel drift is a fun learning experience in a kart, I doubt it'll be fun in a real car! Unless...Hey Jeremy, when did you say that Ferrari of yours was going to be ready?

Cheers

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Uhhhh.....Geee Taek. Man, it c

Uhhhh.....Geee Taek. Man, it could be a while before my little girl is ready for the track.
At least a year or better.
You did very well for yor first time out. If racing were easy, everyone would be doing it. It is fun, but a lot of work (physics, physical, mental, etc..) I'm looking forward to the next get together.

JR really showed his stuff tonight. Must have taken the extra dose of Geritol before we hit the track.
He is a fast driver. I'm sure we can all learn a thing or two from him.

Until next time.....

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks Jeremy for setting this

Thanks Jeremy for setting this up. Most fun I've had with my clothes on since the Running of the Bulls 03.

Here's a shot of John Rorhe tearin up the track!!!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts