Ferrari Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I have been tracing a hard col

I have been tracing a hard cold starting issue. I removed my cold start injector and turned the key and it didn't spray. I tested the injector by itself and it had good atomization.
I think the thermo time switch grounds the injector. What is the best way to test the time switch? Should I have 12V at the CSI when the key is on but not starting the car? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
When cranking, a test light ac

When cranking, a test light across the terminals of the cold start injector should flash. There should be 12v at one terminal when cranking. The ground is made via the TTSwitch below a certain temp.
HTH.
Brian

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, my time switch checks out.

Ok, my time switch checks out. I tested resistance values found in the WSM and checked for continuity when cold. Why else wouldn't my cold start injector open? Power in the harness? Where does the time switch get its power from? How do you check for this? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks,

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
the feed voltage is normally v

the feed voltage is normally via the starter solenoid or a starter relay on all European cars with this Bosch system, sorry, I do not have a wiring diag on hand for your car.

G

·
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Brian. Well would it b

Thanks Brian. Well would it be a dirty connection on the solenoid? My starter/solenoid work fine. Please keep me updated if you have any other ideas or items to check.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have a 308 in the

I don't have a 308 in the shop at the moment, but isn't there a relay marked start or similar? If anyone can check on a wiring diag. it may show a signal for the cold start injector. Or it would trigger directly off solenoid signal wire.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Yes my 308 does have a cold st

Yes my 308 does have a cold start injector relay but it energizes when I crank the car with the fuel pump relay so I am assuming it is functioning correclty. I can however change it out just to be sure. I have a spare. I think I tried the spare last week though and it didn't change. I have a copy of the owners manual but since it is a copy the schematic isn't legible and the lines are broken in most cases. Thanks Again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts