Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been In communication w

I have been In communication with a particular gentlemen for about 2 weeks now. We have talked quite extensively about the Ferrari market. I told him that I was very Interested In his car and I would like to get a PPI on the car. The shop I want the PPI done at has voluntered to pick up the car on a flat bed. This shop is 50 miles away from where the seller lives. The seller told me If I want a PPI done It has to be within 10 miles of where he lives. I explained to the seller that I was comfortable with that particular shop and we would not have to put any miles on his car due to the flatbed pickup. The seller called me last night and told me he has decided to keep the car. After 2 weeks of talking
to this guy and now he changes his mind. I'm really starting to hate Ferrari sellers. I have bought and sold many cars and have never experienced this much bullshit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have all explained to you t

We have all explained to you that you have painted yourself into a very tight corner because you are not interested in any cars outside your small geographical circle of preference...so don't complain about feeling trapped.

Ferraris are not Hondas, there just isn't going to be loads to choose from on every street corner.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The gentleman that I bought ou

The gentleman that I bought our car from drove it 65 miles each way to have the PPI done. Obviously you haven't found the right seller motivated enough to get off his a$$.

Purchasing the Ferrari has been one of the best decisions I have made. Of course I have wanted one since I was 12 years old so I put up with more than most.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JRV,

40% of the ferrari&#39

JRV,

40% of the ferrari's In the U.S. are located In California. I would not call that a small geographical area. Now If you were talking about New Mexico than I would agree with you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So then it is probably safe so

So then it is probably safe so say that 40% of all Ferrari owners are fickle???

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So then be broaden your search

So then be broaden your search and more than double the selection.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If this annoys you, wait until

If this annoys you, wait until start buying certain parts.....

good luck
rt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not everyone is like that at a

Not everyone is like that at all. How long have you been searching? Mine took about 10 months to find. I not only wanted the right car, I also wanted the right seller. I found both, and knew almost instantly. The previous owned even took time out of his day to take the car to a mechanic
and have it looked over, and had the car where it needed to be for shipping.

I never saw the car in person until I had bought it and it was being driven off the truck. I live in Maine and found the car in Dallas.

So far, all is well. FWIW, try not to be so impatient- and the right car will come along.

Good luck.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, sweeping generalizations

Well, sweeping generalizations are always dangerous, but let's just say that Ferraris are owned by those that are not used to being....
pushed around!

Although the recent purchase experience I had was great! But I shopped car A against car B against car C. Never once did I try to get a price down from asking $$$, I let it fall from the seller's side based upon elapsed time.

Just my strategy....don't try this at home!!!!!

When I finally met the guy, it was like I bought it from a kindly uncle. He was genuinely worried about my journey home!

Said he would "always treasure" the pic with Mario Andretti I sent him. Mario took an interest in the vehicle as well when he saw it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't know what sort of

I don't know what sort of Ferrari you are looking for, but if it is a more recent model, just keep looking. I would imagine the owner is really just not that interested in selling, or has something to hide, so get over it, and move on. When I made my last purchase a couple years ago, I had found a really nice car (so I thought), and after seeing the records, asked to have it taken to the nearest FNA dealer (only a few miles away)for a PPI. He went on and on about how he would never let them touch his cars, and how the car had to go HIS favorite Ferrari repair shop. "No thanks,....I'll look elsewhere." This happened one other time as well.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i live in California and found

i live in California and found my car in Houston. LOL Broaden your horixons or just keep looking.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Your right Vincent.
Where I l

Your right Vincent.
Where I live if you don't broaden your horizons you will be without Ferrari!
Besides its nice to travel a little bit, as long as you don't put too many miles on your car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So where is this "Buyer&#3

So where is this "Buyer's Market" that everyone is talking about???????????????

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well. When I was Ferrari shopp

Well. When I was Ferrari shopping. It was down to these two. I went with the one on the Right....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts