Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have my 308 insure

I currently have my 308 insured thru Hagerty's collector car insurance agency. They have a provision that their coverage is null and void should I ever drive the covered car to or from work. While I don't do this often, nowadays this drive is my only opportunity that I have to drive it. So, since my coverage is coming up for renewal, is there anyone who has coverage thru a company which allows for this?

Thanks and Cheers - Dave / Ohio

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I use State Farm. It costs me

I use State Farm. It costs me (at 28 years old) $75 per month full coverage, no restrictions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Holy crap Jeremy, that's 9

Holy crap Jeremy, that's 900/Yr. I was quoted 1100/year for a 95 Diablo through my allstate dealer. No restrictions. I would think a 308 would be dirt cheap comparatively.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Jay,

Age and location

Hi Jay,

Age and location play a large part in the final numbers. Harris County has the highest priced insurance in Texas.
I actuall pay more for my 2001 Ford Ranger.

JL

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, age, location, record an

Yeah, age, location, record and marital status all play a roll in price. Just thought that was wicked high. Now that I think about it I payed those high premiums in my 20's too...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm 44,Married,No Tickets

I'm 44,Married,No Tickets or Accidents,and live in the 'Burbs. I pay ,through State Farm,$145.00/6 months. That's with 100/300 EVERYTHING. Road Service,Towing,Everything. BUT....have to keep the Mileage under 2500/Year

If I want Unlimited Mileage,it just goes up to about $325.00/6 months.($650.00/Year. Not bad for a Ferrari.)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Dave, I found an insurance

Hi Dave, I found an insurance company here in california that deals strickly with collector cars. Depanding on your age and your insurace record, you can get a resonable quote. I pay only $400.00 a year no deductable!! as long as the mileage is less than 2000 miles a year. I too have a 1980 308. If you need the name of the insurance company let me know. They are state wide, and they didnt check the mileage the following year upon renual. Hagerty was my first choice but they wouldnt insure one car.. they wanted all of them.. so i said LATER!!! e-mail [email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aldo,

Can you share with u

Aldo,

Can you share with us the contact information of the insurance company you use? It looks like you have a great deal from whoever they are. Thanks! Yoshi

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you get in an accident you

If you get in an accident you DO NOT have to tell anyone anything about where you were or were not "going".

No matter who's a fault, you stick with the facts.

IE "I was driving Southbound on 15th Steet at ~1:00PM today when I was hit by that red corolla over there". THAT IS ALL YOU HAVE TO SAY. If anyone, especially the other guys insurance says "where were you going", you simply repeat the above and that is ALL you are required to say. Anything else will get you in trouble as the other guys insurance agent, or lawyer, will attempt to divert blame to you.

I'm not saying be a jerk to the cops or anything. But don't offer any more info. than is needed.

Same with your insurance. Just state the facts. How are they going to prove/not prove you drove your car to work unless you tell them?

Jeremy, I paid $250 through Collector Cars insurance and I live right down the street from you. Only restriction is 5000 miles/year and I know I won't do that. I'll get you there number.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pay $250 a year with 2500 mile

Pay $250 a year with 2500 mile cap. They will pay total appraised value. I get apprasial every year. Full coverage with no deductable.300k/500k and 1m .

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have 84 308gts.
Bay Area,

I have 84 308gts.
Bay Area, California.
Clean record, age 52.
Grundy Ins.
34k agreed value, full coverage.
500k liability.
NO deductible.
Cannot use for work.
Had to send notarized form stating no one under 25 yrs age was covered.
No mileage limit (they said they would like about 2500 mi year max, no verification)
$392 year.

I had an unlicensed - uninsured party hit me 2 months after signing up with Grundy. They were fast and professional, sending an adjuster to my house and sent payment directly to me in my name only.
Don't know if I'll get a rate hike or cancellation at renewal time, I hope not....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A few years ago I had inquired

A few years ago I had inquired with Leland West to insure a 930.

The price seemed good, but not great.
When I read the conditions there were too many outs for them: mileage restriction, had to be garaged every night, no to and from work.
I did not feel the savings was worth it.

Sean is right, it really is not necessary to state where you are going and this would probably not be a problem with a minor fender bender.
But if you are in a REAL accident with serious injuries ALL insurance companies will be looking for an out. This would not be the time to find out you are not covered.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts