Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any first hand exp

Anyone have any first hand experience with these folks? Obviously, I'm very nervous about giving my BB to "strangers"...

Regards,
avid

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I used them to transport my ca

I used them to transport my car from Dallas to Boston. Everything went well and was ahead of schedule.

I recommend them fully.

John W

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
David,

I used them to trans

David,

I used them to transport my BBi from Houston to PA. They were less then other quotes for an enclosed trailer. I was impressed with the service, it came on time and they were easy to deal with. The driver backing the car out onto the lift from the second level of the trailer was a bit scary to watch(what if his foot slipped), but they do that all day long.

All the research I had done indicated a positive experience.

Ted

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font color="000000"><font fac

<font color="000000"><font face="times new roman,times,roman"></font>Why not drive the car?</font>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry, forgot to tell you, I u

Sorry, forgot to tell you, I used Specialty Mobile System when I purchased my Ferrari 328 last month. They were excellent.

Milton

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
david,

i may be picky to t

david,

i may be picky to the point of excess...these guys are very good and are the carrier i have settled on. they carry my cars and i'm always pleased w/ the care they take.

pcb

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Pete,

I'm the same way.

Pete,

I'm the same way...Candidly, I'm on the fence if I really want to drive her 450 miles. She beats you up a bit, if you know what I mean. But, it sure would be fun!

Thanks!

David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dave,

any drive of that len

dave,

any drive of that length in a boxer would be epic!
the only thing i worry about dave is carnage and debris on the road that seems ever present when driving that jewel of yours. i'm certain you may have the best most sorted 365 in the country...intercity will take great care of her!!

dave, what ever became of george jonas' bbi? i think i heard he had passed away...?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Peter,

About 15 years ago,

Peter,

About 15 years ago, I did do a 1500 mile trip in the BB...from Upstate NY thru the New England area and back. It was quite the adventure...to say the least. Other than frequent stops for fuel...it was pretty uneventful.

As you may remember the pavement on the NYS Thruway is pretty horrible...particularly with the Winters we have here.

Thanks for the compliments...It sure has been a long, hard road to get her fully sorted, and in the (nice) state of tune she's in. She actually is very enjoyable to drive at low speeds now!

I'm still not satisfied with the handling "feel" of the car...though she does feel "safer" with modern wheels and tires. This will be the next adventure. I recently purchased a 12 channel tire pyrometer to help me set-up the suspension better.

Sadly, George did pass away a few years ago...and I think his BBi went to someone in Florida. I don't know the details...

Take care,
David

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you for the response of

thank you for the response of george. i remember when he bought that boxer...almost the height of the market! he loved that car though and he showed it proudly. i hope lauren and mike were able to settle things too...w/o the classic fighting that occurs!!??

dave, i broke my foot abot two weeks ago and have been laid up...i will begin to start sorting my car this weekend. i have the radiator fan issue to contend w/ first. i bought the switch that you all discussed he. i will then work on the bonnet cable. take care david.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used them to take the car to

I used them to take the car to LA a while back. they picked it up when they said they would, got it there without any damage, and the price was right.

enough said.

Art

1 - 13 of 13 Posts