Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard that many 355&#39

I have heard that many 355's suffer from the plastic on the dashboard, console and air vents melting due to either high humidity and/or high heat.
I live in Florida and have been shopping for a 550 and recently saw the middle console plastic that appeared deformed.
I was wondering if anyone has seen or experienced anything like this?
Gary

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All the plastic in all models

All the plastic in all models coated with the "soft touch" coating melt into a thick black goo....armour all and like products seems to speed up the deterieration considerably...and may be a root cause as to why the coating melts.

to replace "ALL" the pieces in a 348 Spyder I did recently was about $2500 plus labor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you don't want to buy n

If you don't want to buy new parts that will just do the same thing again, you can just clean the coating off. It takes alot of time and elbow grease but it does come off. What I have found takes that gunk of the fastest is a razor. I used a razor to get about 90-95% of the stuff off. Then use plenty of rags to get the little bit that is left over off. Once you have all the crap off paint it with flat black, and it looks like new.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used lacquer thinner and a s

I used lacquer thinner and a scotch pad to clean mine and then painted with simigloss black Krylon. Messy job but they look like new.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lately it seems someone tried

Lately it seems someone tried to rub his F355 interior with the yellow cloth that we all use to remove dust from our furnitures, and two pieces were enough to remove all this gluing stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.