Ferrari Forums banner

Is this a fair price

3K views 14 replies 0 participants last post by  JRV (Jrv) 
G
#1 ·
I am looking at a 1994 348ts w

I am looking at a 1994 348ts with 13,500 miles. The car is red/black and has had 2 owners. The car has all documentation from new including window sticker. The 30k service was done 3 years ago although it has only been driven 2500 miles since the service. The car looks like it just came off the showroom floor. His asking price is 64k. What would be a fair price for this car?

G
#2 ·
That is a bit high. If it was

That is a bit high. If it was a spider that would be a good price. Is it a GTS? They didn't make the TS in 1994. If it is a GTS it is a European car. I would say make them an offer in the mid 50k range. Asking price and selling price are to different things.

G
#3 ·
I am interested in aquiring a

I am interested in aquiring a comple set of Forza and Cavallino for a family member who has changed his affection from Porche to the Prancing Horse. First, availability, and second price. I would want the reprint first copy of Cavallino. My # is 901-756-0238. Will accept collect call or email, listed below

G
#5 ·
Agreed, mid 50's is probab

Agreed, mid 50's is probably a realistic selling price for a nice example like that. But one point; you never want to hesitate too long on a nice one either....I find it can be worth it to pay a bit more for a really nice example, than worry too much about getting the very best deal possible, and let it get away. That's why you want to see and check a lot of examples, so when you find "the one"..you'll know it and not let it pass you by.

G
#9 ·
I'll agree that $64K is fa

I'll agree that $64K is fantasy money...unless of course someone pays that much..then of course it will be a new recent world record and elligible for the Guiness Book of World Records.

$55-$56 is ALL the money if it's a one of the last 100 348 Challenge cars.

Like mentioned above a 348 Spyder can be had in the $60's...and they are without a doubt the most desirable 348's produced.

Regards, JRV

G
#13 ·
If I was him I'd haul it

If I was him I'd haul it back to that dealer before they have a chance to change their mind.

And what you should do is call the same dealer and inquire about any 348's that they might have for sale...and get their numbers. Personally, I would suspect dealers to be offering in the high 30's to very low 40's for any 348 including his. You can also call around to dealers claiming you want to trade in on a 355 and see what they offer...or better yet what they would buy your 348 for cash.

G
#14 ·
I talked with Sean Harris at S

I talked with Sean Harris at Steve Harris Imports about what the car was worth. He told me that If the cars description matched what I told him he would be a buyer in the high 40's.

G
#15 ·
>>He told me that If t

>>He told me that If the cars description matched what I told him he would be a buyer in the high 40's.<,

High 40's on the phone and Low 40's when you drive up to take the money ...

Now add $5K to any 40's number you like and that's what the car is worth "Retail".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.