Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 98 F355 and just start

I own a 98 F355 and just started having an issue today with my dome light. If I arm the system the light stays on and when armed instead of one beep it gives me four (4) beeps before arming when it used to give just one. I noticed that the dome light stays on when I drive it no matter if I turn of the switch either thru the top switch or the one on the console. Can anyone tell me how to reset all this if this is the problem? I tried the manual but it does not have anything in regards to this. Thanks, JM}

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The most common problem with 3

The most common problem with 355/360 Alarms that I'm aware of is the Battery in the Sirien Unit located in the front trunk area. These units get corroded and/or the battery inside can get weak or go bad causing all sorts of strange issues because once any of the above happens the unit can send faulty signals to the Alarm ECU.

An entire write-up courtesy of Tony Cricelli:

http://www.ferrari-talk.com/discus/messages/30/4554.html?1130431798

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a lot Tony. I did get a

Thanks a lot Tony. I did get a hold of the alarm unit and got the batteries changed and the problem got fixed. I appreciate your knowledge. Jose

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.