Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the increadible prices th

With the increadible prices that vintage basket F cars just went for at auction, 700K for a pile of Mondial with an incorrect Monza engine what do you think is going to happen to restoration costs?
What do you think the cost of some of the major total restorations you've done would cost today?
What would a Muria SV cost to restore?
A 275 GTB?
It's getting crazy again.
Best

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good Question!!!

I don'

Good Question!!!

I don't have time to keep up with certian things like these auctions, so I didn't fully realize the prices were jumping. I do recall a pile of 400GT Lambo selling recently for the sbsurd price of about $40K and the frenzy it caused when it came availible. Doesn't make sense to me but I'm not a player just an observer.

The funny part about your question, now that you mention it, is that resto prices are not generally set by parts & labor prices as much as they are set by who talks the best game. This next round could likely be tougher and more expensive though. Parts are definately harder to get for some of these old cars. Labor has gotten considerably more expensive & thinned out considerably also. The one mitigating factor on escalating resto prices would/could be volume though. Sorry for rambling...soooo many forces at play and perceptions that could push the game in so many different directions.

Regards, JRV

1 - 2 of 2 Posts