Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I use Megiuer's or oth

Can I use Megiuer's or other leather product on 1989 328gts or do I have to strip the first sealant coat before any product works???? Seats in great condition dont want to take out or strip coat,just want to keep soft and clean????Tone

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I was not aware that there was

I was not aware that there was any sealant coat on 328 seats.

A lot of the guys use a product called leatherique. www.leatherique.com

I do not know anything about the Megiuer's leather product but would read the leatherique website before you proceed.

Hope this helps a little.

Drew

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
on my 308, there is a lacquer

on my 308, there is a lacquer covering the seats. So leatherique won't penetrate it. And after 20+ years it's pretty hard. However another of their products, pristine clean works on cleaning the leather/lacquer. On door panels, center consoles, steering wheel etc, leatherique followed by pristine clean is the route I go. I also use leatherique for a lot of my leather items like brief case & casual shoes. Good stuff.

If you want, you can strip off the lacquer for a softer seat or in preparation for re-dying. From what I read this is quite a project.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys I am tending towar

Thanks guys I am tending towards Leatherique the sealant coat has me still confused but I will work it out as I am in no hurry cause seats etc are in great condition. Any more info would be great though as so many different opinions,please keep advice coming!! Many thanks.Tone

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used the Meguires leather cl

I used the Meguires leather cleaner/protectant on my 1988 328 which had been redyed a few years ago . I used it sparingly and have been pleased with the reults . I don't think there is much leather actually exposed to it since the redye is actually some sort of plastisol but it feels better and so do I . I didn't get any color rub off but might be wise to check . I used in on my 83 Mondial that was original and had good results too .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts