Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In April, the wife and I are m

In April, the wife and I are moving to South America (Buenos Aires) for a 2 - 4 year assignment. I would appreciate thoughts from the F'talk community on lessons learned in storing an older V-12 Ferrari. I am thinking 1)place blocks under the A arms so the suspension is loaded and the tires are just touching the ground, and 2)pulling the fuel pump fuse until the carbs run out of gas. What about "Stabil", is it worth using? Any other suggestions (other than a battery tender and fluids change)?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mike,

I'm a big fan of

Mike,

I'm a big fan of Sta-Bil, as I used in my BB for many years now. We've got long, cold winters here...and I've never had a fuel related problem in the Spring. Personally, I add Sta-bil, runs the carbs dry...and then drain the fuel tanks. I don't believe Sta-bil will perserve fuel for that time period.

As the doors and lids won't be used, I'd coat the rubber surfaces with a Silicone-type lube...and have some rodent protection in place.

Also, I'd flush the cooling system, prior to storage.

Regards,
David

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.