Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm under contract to purc

I'm under contract to purchase a 1998 355 Spyder. (At your suggestion, I did the pre-purchase inspection at Ferrari of NJ).

Question #1: Any suggestions on the best place to purchase a repair manual for this car?

Question #2: Any suggestions on a car trailer to trailer this car - make/model that is low enough?

Question#3: Any favorite car covers for this car:

Thanks

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Try Coverking, at 1 800 coverk

Try Coverking, at 1 800 coverking.

I was real happy with the cover on my 308GTB it was well made and fit great!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scott, 8'-6" x 20'

Scott, 8'-6" x 20' enclosed Vee nose, standard height, 9800 gvw dropped dual axles and 4 brakes, Get metal springs, not the torsion suspension( they eat tires) rear ramp door, rear jacks (feet) 4' side door, electric winch for loading, 2 spare tires, load equalizer hitch,electronic brake controller on truck dashboard. Load range e rear tires and correct air pressure on truck tires. 1/2 ton a little shakey, 3/4 ton MUCH better, that is about the smallest trailer that will do the job. If you must go bigger, your truck should be uprated to do so. One good wobble (sway) at 65 mph and you will know that a 1/2 ton stock suburban is not the way to go. Brands that are all about the same: Pace, Wells Cargo, Continatel, Best one in all alumimun is Optima, but its $$$ than the others. Do a search on this site for the towing story that Kerry wrote about a trailer I sold to him and the adventure he had on his first tow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Scott, In this section,(ge

Scott, In this section,(general discussion) go to 1-16-06 "Getting my TR home" This is Jeffs and Kerry's story about towing a Ferrari for the first time. It a good one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.