Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I called JRV to chat about a c

I called JRV to chat about a clutch change on a 355 I was looking at buying in Kansas City. He took about an hour out of his day to give me all the info, on what to look for on the 355. He didn't BS me or try to sell me something he had, which I really appreciated.

Thanks for all the great info JRV and I'll be seeing you soon when I finally find a nice 355, PS the Kansas City car was trashed, repainted, shrunk leather on the dash, Leaking clutch, loud TO bearing, and a cracked exhaust manifold. It was not as advertised. Thanks again

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
>>car was trashed, rep

>>car was trashed, repainted, shrunk leather on the dash, Leaking clutch, loud TO bearing, and a cracked exhaust manifold. It was not as advertised.<<

I'm starting to see & hear about More & More 355's in the above condition...Be Very Careful choosing a car...the expense of servicing & repairing 355 issues (can be Many) is starting to take it's toll and neglectuful/abusive owners are starting to dump very poor examples on the market as the values decline.

Hi Jim, welcome to Ferrari-Talk. It's always a pleasure and well worth it to take the time to prevent a dream from turning into a nightmare.

There are good cars out there, take your time and hold out for the best example you can find so that your ownership experience will be an enjoyable one. Paying too much isn't the key imo, patience and knowledge is...

Best Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim,

Send me an e-mail abou

Jim,

Send me an e-mail about who was selling that car?

I know of at least one nice 355B in this area that is for sale and the owner is meticulous in his care of the car.

Sean

1 - 3 of 3 Posts