Ferrari Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pics of an engine pull on a Ma

Pics of an engine pull on a Maserati Bora for those who like different types of Italian cars. This particular Maserati blew a head gaskit, but pulling the drive trains is common for servicing the engines.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We started this yesterday afte

We started this yesterday afternoon, then again this morning at 9 and had the engine assembly out by 5 for those curious about difficulty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I always like those. Very refi

I always like those. Very refined. What are they like to keep running over time? Are parts available? What about the hydraulic systems?
Best

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Mr. G.,

yes they are VER

Hi Mr. G.,

yes they are VERY refined. Low revving Bullet Proof V8's, fast but not race, very smooth solid feeling on the road, unbelievable brakes. Yes they have the Citroen hydraulics but this is really not as much of an issue as people try to make out, of course with your Lola hydraulic guys any trouble would be a piece of cake for them. Parts are surprisingly plentifull and easy to get. Once sorted they actually require very little maintinance. In the old days Maserati really built rock solid cars. A little on the complicated side, but fairly simple at the same time. A nice blend imo.

Regards, JRV

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's great that you can ke

It's great that you can keep her going. They don't make cars like this anymore. I love the Stainless roof section and the interior. Bella!
Best

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What a great car. Beautiful en

What a great car. Beautiful engine.
Very nice in black. I guess the brake system is much like an active aircraft brake system (DC-3 era technology) adapted to a car. Not to complicated to understand.
Would really think about getting one if I could check to see if they had headroom for a 6'3" bear.
Would love to see more pics as the work progresses.
Many thanks
rt
"Midengine carb'd V-8s rock"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It's a great car, Maserati

It's a great car, Maserati should get a clue and get back to it's exotic heritage instead of making freaking sedans!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maserati - undoubtedly one of

Maserati - undoubtedly one of the best cars ever made!<center><table border=1><tr><td>

roulette.html (9.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts